Halloween Drinks

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Anyone drink those pumpkin beers? I want to find this Shipyard one but it's sold out.

shipyard smashed pumpkin.png

It's a bit higher on the alcohol than their other pumpkin beer.

pumpkinheadwcan-1.png

I did get this Ole Smoky Pumpkin Pie Moonshine which is a lot better than I thought it would be. It does taste like pumpkin pie and you barely notice the alcohol.

ole smoky pumpkin moonshine.png

I'm not a big fan of normal beer that much anyway. And moonshine is basically just whiskey so it's higher proof than I assume the majority of beers. So you don't have to drink as much. I want to compare it to the other pumpkin beers but this moonshine might be my go to drink for the October month every year.

Any Halloween type drinks you guys have for the month?

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I have a bailey's Irish Cream variation with Pumpkin in, looking forward to trying that! (Sorry can't find a picture of it)

othervoice1 likes this.
  3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I've had the Shipyard Pumpkinhead and used to be a big fan of it, got their pint glasses and everything, but then I got somewhat tired of pumpkin ales in general (probably because I used to buy every single one I saw...) and don't buy many of them anymore. Back when I was drinking it I think it was my favorite one, don't think I've ever tried the Smashed Pumpkin though. If you don't find Smashed Pumpkin, keep an eye out for Pumking from Southern Tier Brewing Company; it's pretty good and has a nice 8.6% ABV:

[​IMG]

Years back I used to always pick up a 22 of Coney Island Freaktoberfest but it's now limited, they no longer appear to sell it outside of NY, and, judging by the site, they've changed the style from an Oktoberfest to a pumpkin ale and stopped dying it red. :/
    [​IMG]

Drunken Master Paul from the MetalJesusRocks channel did a video about how to make these awesome looking, layered Candy Corn Shots but I've never tried to make them. They look so cool though:

I'll probably just stick with the Pumpkin Ale my friend and I made for Halloween though, bottled it last weekend and should be sampling it tonight.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Get yourself some Evil Dead Red

[​IMG]

This also comes out again in February as "My Bloody Valentine"

Oh, forgot to mention. Alcohol content: 6.66%

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Shipyard pumpkinhead is my all time favorite beer. I stock up this time of year. They're only around for a month or so here in Texas......back home in Mass they're around for months.

But I also enjoy most Octoberfest beers. Sam Adams Octoberfest is fantastic....... also got into Shiner Octoberfest. Good stuff.

ImmortalSlasher and othervoice1 like this.
  6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I've heard of Alesmith before but not that particular beer and I don't think I've ever seen it around, will have to look for it when I'm at the store later on!

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a ton of small brewery pumpkin and Halloween themed beers. I'm sure where you are located will determine the variety. Store near me has around 30 different pumpkin/Halloween beers in stock, several being the 22 ounce type. Which are usually 8% alcohol volume and over.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I kinda forgot about it till I saw this thread. Was planning on staying dry for movie night tonight (I have to work three roller derby games tomorrow, with about a 100mi round trip), but then I remembered I had a really shitty week. The Evil Dead Red will be pouring tonight.

othervoice1 and Natas like this.
  9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of Shipyard Pumpkinhead beer - I think I may have mentioned this last year (I have a six pack ready to go in the fridge right now). It is my favorite pumpkin beer. I did try the Pumking beer this year for the first time and I thought it was good also and of course with higher alcohol content. I try to find pumpkin beers each year I haven't tried - some are good and some suck- but the two I mentioned are probably my favorite right now. I do wish I could find that Smashed Pumpkin as well- first I had heard of it

Angelman likes this.
  10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

It looks really cool because of the color and it sounds like something I'd like to try. The store by me said they stocked it but were sold out, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll get some in before Halloween.

11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Saved this six-pack holder years back because it looked so cool:

[​IMG]

Pretty sure they still make this but with a different label.

othervoice1 likes this.
  12. ImmortalSlasher

I'll check out some of those options you guys posted. I just saw a piece of this commercial on TV.

I was never a fan of rum. Never really tasted a bunch of rums but I always would get virgin Pina Coladas. I tried one with rum once an it didn't taste that good. I tried the rum by itself and it was even worse. I think it was a popular rum like Bacardi or something and it just wasn't sweet or what I was expecting. But I love many scenes in those Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I still need to see the movies after the first trilogy. I'm going to try this Kraken rum. Pirates 2 is my favorite in the series so far with the Kraken.

13. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

This one is my favorite. Not sweet at all.

[​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  14. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I've been drinking a lot of this over the past month. They've got it for $15 a 12-pack at my liquor store which is a damn good price!

821449.jpg

Katatonia likes this.
  15. ImmortalSlasher

But does it taste like pumpkin?

16. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Definitely.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  17. ImmortalSlasher

I got some of that Kraken rum and this stuff has some kind of kick. In the commercial the guy has a full glass of it with ice like it's soda pop. Although I drank it without ice, no way can you drink a full glass of this rum and simply walk out of a bar. I do wonder what kind of rum Jack Sparrow drinks. Rum still isn't what I imagined. I remembered that I used to eat rum balls from a candy store when I was young. I guess they weren't real rum as they wouldn't sell them to a teenager. But I thought rum was a sweet and easy alcohol I guess. And I don't smell and taste all those flavors in Kraken that reviewers talk about either. I'm going to try a few more rums one day. Kraken is better than than that other popular rum I tried. But you can't sit down and drink too much by itself as it doesn't play around. I guess Kraken is a good name as you'll feel like you were hit by a Kraken.

I'll add it to my list to try for next year. Unless I come across any still in stores.

18. ImmortalSlasher

Almost time to look for pumpkin beer for Halloween in the next few months. I found this Walking Dead whiskey for anyone that wants to try it when it comes out. I'll probably pass myself.

View attachment 9653

Workshed likes this.
  19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

It isn't specifically for October but a couple of years back the Hammer Films people were putting out small batches of beer tied to their classic films. Not sure if they are still doing it.

20. ImmortalSlasher

I searched and the site is down so I guess they stopped. I only found a few ads around the Internet for it. I still haven't got into those old Hammer horror movies yet. But that line of alcohol sounds like a good idea.

Erick H. likes this.