Halloween Drinks

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale. I'm tasting more beer than pumpkin. I'm alternating between drinking it from the bottle and from a glass.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I honestly couldn't give a fart in the high wind about pumpkin-spiced anything. If it truly was a desired flavor, we'd have it year-round. They don't make watermelon Sour Patch Kids only in the summer, do they? No, because watermelon is tasty any time of the year.

That said, I had a bomber of this over the weekend: https://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone-enjoy-ipa-series/stone-enjoy-103119-ipa
    Have to say, it was REALLY good. I don't get this "enjoy-by" thing that Stone is doing, maybe it's just that so many of their fans (myself included) buy their brews and immediately set it aside for aging. I have some that are over 10 years old, still unopened. But this was delicious, and it almost tasted like a draft beer instead of bottled. That might be the aim. Either way, find one and drink it. But be sure that's where you're staying for the night; this stuff is 9.4

3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

How cold are you drinking it? I wouldn't advise drinking it warm like sake, but I have noticed that it seems to lose a lot of flavor if it's ice-cold.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I thought pumpkin pie and other stuff is a seasonal thing. I don't think I've ever had pumpkin pie outside of the fall months. And I thought watermelon was a summer fruit. At least for me I noticed watermelon is sweet during the summer. Same goes for strawberries.

Just from the refrigerator. In the store it wasn't in the refrigerator though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019