Halloween II and III coming to Blu-Ray this fall?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, May 21, 2011.

1. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Halloween II remains one of my favourite horror movies. If they re-issue it with the correct credits, I'll probably give in and buy it. I'm a little disappointed about the reports that the audio is unimpressive, though (haven't checked the disc yet).

2. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Yeah i love Halloween 2. I remember when my uncle taped it off HBO for me in October of 82. i watched it everyday... for like a year. !!!

3. Sam Loomis

Sam Loomis New Member

I don't think the title card change was a recent one. It most likely wouldn't say "An MCA Company" if it were. It's more likely certain prints during the initial release had the Universal card, for whatever reason, and that was the print they used to make this transfer.

4. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

That makes sense it just seems weird that the font color is different.

5. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

That's an interesting thought. I haven't seen the BD but I've read that the print used seems to have more damage (white specs and such) than the print used on the past DVD.

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

The out-of-place title card gives it a bit of a Grindhouse feel IMO. Love the fact that it has specks and the fact that it has no DNR makes it look very filmlike. I certainly wouldn't buy it again just to have Akkad's name in the credits.

But it is true, it wouldn't say "An MCA Company" if it was just recently inserted. It also seems to be of the same quality as the rest of the print.

~Matt

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

You're right, they stopped being MCA/Universal a long time ago.

Unfortunately, movies sometimes exist in multiple versions down in the studio vaults, sometimes the changes are only something small like this, other times you find differences in the films themselves, like missing or extra/alternate footage. Sometimes things are not properly marked, and the way this town works it wouldn't even surprise me if it was an unpaid intern who was sent down to retrieve the elements. The problem is that unless you have someone who is really knowledgeable about this or that film or TV program overseeing the release, these kinds of things will happen. That's often how you get, for example, TV series box sets that use edited syndication masters instead of the full length episodes.

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It's still listed as in stock at Amazon, but I placed an order for it 4 days ago and it STILL hasn't shipped. I'm just a little concerned at this point. I don't think I've ever had to wait this long before.

9. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

That's definitely a long delay for Amazon. But I wouldn't worry at this point. They're usually very quick about responding to emails if you'd like some reassurance.

10. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm assuming if you haven't been charged yet and if the order shows as "not yet shipped", you should have the option of cancelling. Might want to try that and then reorder.

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I didn't realize what was going on with the Halloween II Blu-ray until revisiting this thread on Saturday. Now I know why my copy was still back ordered at Family Video. Anyway, I bought this yesterday at a Best Buy in Phoenix and cancelled my online order. I will probably watch this next weekend.

12. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Just bought mine as well!

13. RNunez187

RNunez187 Member

Mine was supposed to arrive from Amazon today but nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I received mine right away from Amazon. I'm surprised to hear so many people are having trouble getting theirs.

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

anybody looking for copies in toronto, the yorkdale mall hmv still has one on the shelf when i was there around dinner time today. im not gonna pick it up as an investment, since im a little skeptical about the whole recall business. time may tell, though...

16. maybrick

They finally sent it out this morning. Phew!

17. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Best Buy is now showing up on dvdpricesearch as retailers with it again. Either the warehouses are clearing one last time or it's all bullshit rumors. 24 days left to find out for sure.

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

In Canada Walmart has a bunch of these in stores. I got mine for $15 or $16 I believe.

19. maybrick

How many people still seriously consider dvds and blu-rays investments? It's one thing to buy one for your personal collection, and while there are a few that temporarily go up in price, for the most part you can barely give those fuckers away. Around here, stores are so overstocked with used discs that they'll never give you more than .25 to $1 a piece for a dvd and the average for a blu-ray is $2-4.

20. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Agreed. I'd say I've owned 2 items that have gone up in price - the Red Cross Sleepaway Camp and Tool's Salival DVD/CD set. Then again, my collection has never passed 150.