Halloween: Resurrection thoughts (SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Dave, Jul 13, 2002.

1. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

Ok, I'd like to start off by saying that I enjoyed this movie for what it was, which is an 8TH movie in a series... you can't expect much greatness when it comes to that (no matter what, this movie would have been better than Friday 8 :D ) Anyway, it was entertaining, but of course it had it's problems. I had seen H20 in theaters when it first came out, but that was before I had seen any of the other movies (I was just getting into horror at the time) so I went back and rewatched it the night before I saw H8 (whcih was 2 days ago). i think that H20 gets a lot of crap because it has that girl from Dawson's Creek, but I felt it was a decent sequel and left a good ending, but Mustapha likes his money, so he had them film the flashback stuff for H8 THEN.. so that logic of the other paramedic has been in the can for around 4 years now.... that was Steve Minor at work folks, so you can't really blame the director of H8. I think what might have added to my enjoyment of H8 though is the fact that I saw it at a drive-in with my girlfriend, which really heightened the experience. If the DVD is not ridiculously expensive like most other Disney DVDs, I will pick it up and hopefully it will have some of the cut scenes like Tyra's death (it was shot, just cut from the film).

2. I think H:R is one of the best sequels in the series. Brad Loree defintally is the best Michael he's menacing he's creepy he's got the Michael mannerisms down pat but that brings me to what you said bout him being more regular in his size this is not right Brad is probably the second biggest Michael he's 6'3'' 220lbs the biggest Michael was played by A. Michael Lerner he played him in the last 20 minutes of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers he was 6'4'' 230lbs. The most regular sized actor to play him was the Original Nick Castle 6' 180lbs then Dick Worlock in H:2

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, other than the specifics, Loree certainly looked a lot smaller and more natural than Donald Shanks did in Part 5.

4. Well to me ''and alot of other people" Don Shanks was not that physically intimidating and he wasn't that big either George Wilbur was alot bigger and threatining. But plan and simple Brad Loree is hands down the best Michael ever i mean he was Michael and not just some other big guy walking around in a Myers Mask the first time i saw him walking in past the security moniter in the beginning he gave me the creeps and Other than Chris Durand in H20 he is the only actor to play Michael that you saw his eyes ,and with the mix of wearing black contacts and Loree's cold creepy eyes that's another thing that gave me the heebie jeebies especially after he crushes ****Spoiler***** Jim's skull then he gave Sara and Rudy that cold stare tell me that didn't get under you're Skin just alittle. Large intimidating and creepy as hell that is how i would discribe Loree as "The Shape".