Halloween Reurrection hits blu-ray 4/17

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

Halloween Resurrection is coming to blu-ray 4/17. This means only Halloween 3-5 are left to be released on the format. Anyone thinks they will be out this year as well? I'm also hoping for F13 4-8, NOES 4-7, Psycho 2-4, and Child's Play 2-3 to be released in the near future as well.

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

The problem is it's gonna probably be the H20 fiasco all over again in which the film was open matted from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1 and it's very likely it will happen for Resurrection. Seriously, just give whatever Miramax/Dimension titles Echo Bridge to Anchor Bay. Though I'm being harsh. Echo Bridge did release Halloween 6 on DVD with a new anamorphic transfer.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Why Anchor Bay? They've turned into a mostly lame studio these days. Many of their Blu-ray genre releases have been quite poor, often not even porting over any of the extras or even having a menu of any kind.

License to Drive is a good recent example of why they no longer care. Sure, they have the solid releases like Evil Dead, but that doesn't excuse all of the other Blu-rays they've mucked up.

As for Echo Bridge, I'd be beyond shocked if they beat the Canadian Blu-ray of Resurrection. At least it's 1080p and has lossless 5.1.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

still no word if nightmare on elm street 4/5 and 6/7 double feature blu-rays is gonna come out this year been hearing that halloween 4/5 blu-rays are in production with new special features but that was awhile back now

also with a new chainsaw massacre film in theaters in october and the 1st film getting rereleased on blu-ray it would be nice if mgm/fox would release part 2 on blu and newline/warner release part 3 would be great

5. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Why does anyone care about this release?

6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound dumb or anything but, what's HALLOWEEN REURRECTION? is THIS SOMETHING NEW? never heard of it?

7. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

A REURRECTION is when your hard-on goes away and comes back.

8. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Not if it's the same transfer as the Canadian release since I already have that.

9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh man. Ronnie my friend you set yourself up there.

If it's any of that Echo Bridge crap like 6 and H20 that's been getting horrible transfer reviews I want nothing to do with it.

10. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I'll stick with my DVD's from 3-7.

11. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

If I was paid weekly to have this movie in my collection, I still wouldn't do it. It's that bad.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Trick R Treat muthafucker!!

LOL

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Ahh, but would you pay to keep it out of your collection?
    I'll start sending you copies if you don't start sending me $5 a week!

You know my paypal, and I think we traded so I have your addy too!:evil:

[just in case the F.B.I. is still following me, this is a joke, not another internet threat]

14. Mikey Horror

Oh, trust me, if I could afford it, I'd send everyone on the board a weekly check not to ever remind me of that movie by bringing it up again. I remember years ago MTV had a show where they had people vote for the video that was the most irritatingly awful that they would never air it again, needless to say they went on to never air videos again period, but that's besides the point. If this board ever had a similar vote for a movie that was so bad that it could never be spoken of here, Resurrection would get my vote hands down. Yes, my hatred for that movie burns that deep.

15. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Someday in the very near future, we'll have a whole new generation of newbies on this board who swear that this is the best movie of the series because it's the first Halloween film they watched. Mark my words.

And for what it's worth, I still don't think it's as bad as either of the Zombie films.

16. Mikey Horror

I'll take Rob Zombie's "who's who of the horror genre" casting over H2O and Resurrection's "hip hop flavor of the week" casting any day.

17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I'm in total agreement with that. That being said, I'll never watch Resurrection or any of Zombie's films again.

18. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

I only ever watch the first ten minutes. When Laurie dies , so does the rest of the viewing

19. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

Anyone who buys this and not the H6/H20/H:R combo pack from Canada is a moron. Only way I'd ever have this piece of shit in my collection.

20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Resurrection is ill-conceived and lame. But at least it wasn't motivated by contempt for the original series and its fans. Zombie clearly had no interest in the characters and ideas that kept this series economically viable for 24 years. And that's pretty ridiculous when you're making the 9th film in a series.

If you want to do something radically different, make an original film. Don't exploit an established fanbase by shoe-horning your own uninspired, incongruous ideas into a universe where they don't fit. Aside from character names and some mostly superficial plot similarities Zombie had no reason to call his film Halloween. But I'm sure he appreciated the extra box office returns the Halloween banner provided.

I really dislike Busta. But I'll take him over the 9-foot-tall white trash grunting bearded sasquatch Myers who used to be a fat hippie kid with a stripper mom who looked just like Rob Zombie's wife.