Halloween Sequel Blurays

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jul 3, 2011.

?

What yet to be released Halloween sequel do you want most on Blu-ray?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2011.
  1. Halloween II

47 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Halloween III: Season of the Witch

46 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

15 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Love em both. But Season of the Witch gets my vote. They had the balls to go in a different direction with it and it paid off. Great movie. Plus with Tom Atkins what else can ya say ?

2. Vance Vandy

Vance Vandy Member

Part III for me. Excellent film and my seasonal October favorite. I also think 5 is somewhat underrated. As for II, I've personally never gotten the love for that one. The only time I've been more bored by a slasher was during the original Prom Night's endless disco dancing. At least the boredom there didn't last the duration of the movie though.

3. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 3 i saw for the first time in June of 83 when it first hit home video, i was 10 My uncle rented it. I already seen the first two and was a big horror fan and couldn't wait to see 3. knowing it didn't have Michael in it and it was anew direction even back then. I went into with open arms. I watched it twice that weekend as kids did back in those days, even if the movie was bad. I thought it was really violent and graphic for its time. The bugs scene was hard to watch.. I thought it was a creepy movie and met tommy lee wallace a few years back and he told me that bug scene was such a mess to clean up and conduct. He says they shot halloween 3 in the spring of 82.. I remember seeing the t.v. spots in october of 82 and wanted to see it in the movies but was too young..

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I was definitely too young (8), but I got to see it at the theater anyways. I saw a lot of horror movies as a young kid, and as I loved them I had young parents that were all too willing to take me. (Actually, in this case it was my grandfather. He paid for my ticket and then went next door to see First Blood.) I can't recall if I knew beforehand that Myers wasn't in it (I'm pretty sure I didn't. I only knew it from ads in the paper) but I thought it was good anyways, albeit kind of weird. I wound up going twice, once with myself and once with a friend from school. I'll always know the exact day I first went to see Halloween III, because it was the date that pops up at the beginning of the film. I remember saying out loud, "Wow! That's today!!" :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

Halloween 3

The michael myers storyline?! What storyline?! The first halloween movie didn't have a story, hell it didn't even have good cinematography, direction or anything else. It is by far the most overrated horror movie of all time!

6. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

What exactly would you consider "good?" Cinematographer Dean Cundey is widely considered to be one of the greatest ever to stand behind a camera. And his work on Halloween is generally considered to be iconic. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005678/bio

You're entitled to your own opinion. But whether or not it's defensible is another matter.

7. ronnie21

cool thumnail. I love old movie ads...

8. ronnie21

actually people are wrong about H3. Michael is in it, for a second. The Halloween t.v. commercial. ha ha ha

9. killit

killit Active Member

Yeah, damn Jim, this is straight up crazy talk. Especially the cinematography and direction.

10. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

I don't care what Dean Cundey did after halloween. I just don't think that halloween is a masterpiece of any kind. If halloween is so damn good then why did John Carpenter say that without the music halloween would not be scary? I'm just a horror fan that likes different kinds of horror movies like Wes Craven's New Nightmare which is a real masterpiece, Halloween 3 etc.!

11. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

Even John Carpenter admits that people comparing him to Hitchcock is just wrong!

12. maybrick

Uh, no offense intended, but saying a statement like that kind of shows how little you truly know about what makes a movie work and what doesn't. Regardless of what genre we talk about, music is very important in establishing mood. Even silent films of a hundred years ago still had organ or full orchestral scores that played along with them.

Since you brought up Hitchcock, how effective would his films like Psycho, Vertigo, and North By Northwest be if he didn't have Bernard Herrmann?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  13. shape22

New Nightmare is definitely underrated. But calling it "a real masterpiece" probably qualifies as hyperbole. And as much as I enjoy H3, arguing that it's superior to Halloween during a psychiatric interview might get you committed to an asylum.

And as Maybrick said, what horror film doesn't rely on the score to establish mood?

14. maybrick

Dean Cundey also did Halloween 3, so saying that the first film had terrible cinematography but the third one didn't even though they were done by the same fella with the same exacting standards seems a bit wonky to me. :lol:

15. shape22

And his work on the original was SLIGHTLY more imitated than his work on H3.

16. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

Well as far as Psycho goes, which I'm pretty sure that we can all agree was definitely a masterpiece in every sense of the word, I never really heard of Bernard Herrmann before a few years ago. I never knew who did the score for Psycho but as long as I've been a horror movie fan I've always known of Alfred Hitchcock.

17. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

Uh....yeah....I'm the one who's a nut?! Quit dressing up like michael myers and get a life!

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Makin' friends fast around here Jimmy. :lol:

19. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

I never said the first film had terrible cinematography! I said that it wasn't any good. I guess what I meant to say was I don't know why people are so religiously drawn to the first halloween movie. They're like a crazy religious cult. Like I said before halloween fans think that their little movie inspired every horror film that came after AND before it! You nutbars are just way too fanatical!

20. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

I sure am slappy! :) There's definitely some things that you can't say on this forum that's for damn sure!