Halloween Sequel Blurays

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jul 3, 2011.

?

What yet to be released Halloween sequel do you want most on Blu-ray?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2011.
  1. Halloween II

47 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Halloween III: Season of the Witch

46 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

15 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I voted for Halloween III. I love the second one and I'm overjoyed that they're both getting releases, but Halloween III has piqued my interest for years. I actually like the fact that it had it's own story and atmosphere. There's some great cinematography in there and it will be great to see in 1080p, not to mention hearing John Carpenter and Alan Howarth's amazingly rhythmic and creepy score in 5.1 *fingers crossed*.

Halloween II is a great slasher film from the golden era but I've always taken the first in the series as a stand alone film. I prefer the idea of Michael Myers being a real human being with absolutely no conscience as opposed to him being an indestructible, supernatural monster. This is why I really don't care for the Halloween series after the 3rd one. It became as far fetched as Jason (another series I don't care for after the 3rd). They were already stretching it near the end of Halloween II, by shooting him ANOTHER 5 or 6 times, then shooting his eyes out, revealing glowing sockets...

Psychopaths and escaped mental patients scare the crap out of me. Probably why "Nightmare" is one of my favorite horror flicks. There's something so unpredictable and savage about them.

Seeing Michael Myers pick up the phone after killing Lynda and listening to Laurie on the other end still creeps me the eff out to this day and I've seen the original more times than I'd like to admit.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It doesn't, but your attitude is eerily reminiscent of opinions I see when I read more politically motivated message boards. A lot (not all) but a lot of conservatives, particularly the extemely vocal hard right ones, make a habit of making unpopular statements with little to no facts to back them up, but then claim that they're being victimized by the other side when their opinions are called into question. That's pretty much what I also see here. Btw, you haven't answered my question.

3. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

The question you asked is if I'm a republican or not and the answer is that I am not. But I am a libertarian who believes in live and let live. The case I presented against halloween is fairly simple, there's just nothing to it! Like I said before there is infinitely better shots and creative camera work done in The Evil Dead than in John Carpenter's movie. As far as the acting goes I don't think that it's any better than any other low-budget movie. To those people who claim that halloween is a masterpiece show me the evidence! The burden of proof is on you!

4. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

Liberals do that bullshit too! I'm in the middle knocking both liberals and conservatives heads together like Moe from the Three Stooges! :D

5. maybrick

Actually, liberals use facts. Conservatives more often than not use faith. For instance, trickle down economics has proven time and time again to simply not work in reality. The rich never take extra cash the government give back to them and use it to upgrade their equipment and hire more people. They pocket the cash instead, especially when a recession hits. NO business in their right mind is going to start hiring and making more stuff when demand isn't there. It doesn't make any rational sense, but don't tell a conservative that because no matter what you say, no matter how much evidence you give to the contrary, they'll still "believe" it to be true. Because that's the power of faith! :lol:

And libertarian? Isn't that just another name for a pot smoking Republican? ;)

6. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

politics

I'm convinced that what is going to have to happen as far as the U.S.A. is concerned is to increase taxes AND decrease government spending. Like what they are doing in Greece. And also I'm not a religious man. So quit bringing up faith!

7. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

politics

Liberals use faith like with global warming. Environmentalism has turned into a religion! The earth has gotten warmer over the past decade but that is because of increased solar activity. It's not man-made and we don't need to have a cap and trade bill passed! That is not going to do a damn thing! You have to admit environmentalism is a lot like religion. You know we have to do certain stupid things and perform certain dumb rituals to get into heaven, we also have to do certain asinine things to save the environment like buy special light bulbs, turn our lights off, not run our air-conditioners/heaters as much etc.! It's all bullshit! And also why does President Obama want to make everybodies energy bills skyrocket?!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  8. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

OMG the politics, the politics, the motherfucking politics. SHUT THE HELL UP BOTH OF YOU! This thread is about the Halloween sequels on blu FFS!!!

9. maybrick

:lol: :p

10. maybrick

Environmentalism is based on data and evidence, so sorry, NO it is nothing like a religion. There's a WORLD of difference between believing in something that can be empirically seen and something that can never be known. As far as saving the environment, it's going to take far more extreme matters to save than the things you mention, but because of the current political climate (no pun intended) such limp dick measures are just about the only things that can get passed. And the increased solar activity? It's another potential problem altogether and has little or nothing to do with climate change which has been getting progressively faster and faster over the past century. The solar activity is the strongest that it's been in hundreds of years and has the potential to crash every single satellite in the sky, I shit you not.

11. blu

blu New Member

Back on topic:

Ditto that but I certainly want them all.

12. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Went with Halloween 3 all the way. Will still buy Halloween 2 for sure though. Don't care for H4 & 5 will not purchase those. Been reading allot on various forums and web sites. That H3 is not coming out any time soon. I really hope that is not true.

13. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Damn. I had a bad feeling. H2 is up for pre-order at Amazon but not H3.

14. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Yeah well don't take my word for it. All I have said is from various forums what I have read. I also can't find H3 for pre-order hardly anywhere. I really hope H3 & H2 come out together. Seems like all the focus is on H2 at the moment from the studio. Hopefully some info will follow soon enough.

15. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

If they are putting effort into a SE of Halloween III I can wait a little longer. If not that sucks! I really want to see HIII in HD.

16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we'll see world peace and the piranha scene from Cannibal Holocaust before a true special edition of H3. I hope I'm wrong.

17. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

halloween

I think that we both can agree that the earth is billions of years old and the climate has changed several times over those billions of years. What about the little ice-age in medieval times. Was that man-made?!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  18. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

politics

But environmentalism has turned into a religion. Have you ever heard of climate-gate?! Look it up online!

19. maybrick

Excepting things like the extinction level event that wiped out the dinosaurs, those changes all took place slowly over the course of millenia, not in a century's time.
    Just because there are people that make it their life's goal to fight for the cause of environmentalism doesn't make it a religion any more than it does for people who fight for equal rights, children's welfare, or space travel. There are devout christians, jews, muslims, sikhs, buddhists, agnostics, wiccans, AND athiests that are ALL for protecting the environment. About the best you can say is that loving the world is a by product of religion or morality. But it isn't a religion.

As much as I enjoy having these discussions, let's get back to the original topic because I think we're annoying people.

20. JimSmith

JimSmith Banned Mofo

politics

You still haven't answered my question!