Halloween Specials

Discussion in 'General' started by Slackjaw83, Jul 7, 2010.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yup, there were 3 horror-themed episodes of Dawson's Creek. And even if you are not a fan of the show, they are still pretty fun.

The first one was in season one, it was kind of along the lines of Scream. Worth a watch if you are a fan of the Scream / I Know What You Did Last Summer slashers.

The Blair Witch style episode was in season three, and it is the best of the three horror episodes.

They also did one in season five, it was an anthology where each character had their own scary story.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I am a fan of the Home Improvement Halloween specials. Even if you don't like the show, like Roseanne you could tell they put a lot of money into their Halloween specials with costumes and fake limbs and what not and they were always fun and got you into that Halloween spirit. They did one for every season but the first. One or two aren't great, but the rest of them are.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

If you're a South Park fan, there have been quite a few humorous ones. The first one occurred during the first season and contains multiple references to Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, and Thriller. There was one I think in either the second or third season that was basically a parody of the Scooby Doo cartoons (with the band Korn as the Scooby Doo gang). I can't remember off the top of my head if there were any more.

Just did a quick wiki search and there are four:

Pink Eye (1997) - the aforementioned living dead episode.
    Spookyfish (1998) - with multiple Star Trek reference.
    Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery (1999) - the Korn/Scooby Doo episode.
    Hell on Earth 2006 (2006) - Satan throws a costume party, parodying MTV's My Super Sweet 16. Also parodies the three stooges with Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and John Wayne Gacy.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  4. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I really dug the one (though this may have happened in more than one...) in which they turned the back yard and garage into a haunted house. I actually have no beef with HI for the most part, though.

5. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I have "Pink Eye" on VHS from the original first few releases, with 2 episodes to a tape. That one is amazingly great. I vaguely remember the Scooby Doo/Korn one and remember not being that into it.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Turns out this is now available on blu-ray. It is included on this year's re-issue of How The Grinch Stole Christmas, now on sale for $13 on Amazon.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah but is it in HD? Or just an SD (or even upconverted) extra?

8. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

My favorites have always been Garfield's Halloween Adventure (1985) and Witch's Night Out (1978). Childhood nostalgia. I remember blanket-forting myself on the couch late on Halloween night (I went to Catholic school and we always had the day after Halloween off), eating candy and watching those two cartoons. The witch in Witch's Night Out is voiced by Gilda Radner. My daughter will be born in January and I'm looking forward to when she's old enough for me to watch them all over again with her.