Hammer Films Needs Your Help in Finding Lost Footage

Discussion in 'Classic' started by WesReviews, Mar 8, 2012.

1. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Pretty cool that they're wanting to get the fans involved. Wish more studios were as actively pursuing lost footage for their films as Hammer seems to be.

Hammer appeals for lost film footage

2. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I hope all of this footage (and more) is discovered. I also hope the "worldwide search" means the blu-rays won't be region B locked like "Quatermass and the Pit" or region A locked like "Vampire Circus."

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, when someone found the cut footage from Dracula in Japan it proved to be somewhat difficult to contact Hammer. When he did manage to reach them Hammer had no idea what the hell he was even talking about. Thankfully the new Hammer management was smart enough to take him seriously and obviously have taken the initiative in finding more footage. It's wonderful to see a studio doing that and is of course a great way to get fans on board with the new Hammer.

I'm sure they'll get a lot of crank stuff but hopefully they'll uncover some gems. I'm betting they've taken their format from the BBC who in recent decades have put a lot of resources into notify the public about any lost footage they're seeking. There's even a book on it called Missing Believed Wiped.

Unfortunately film collectors are notorious about keeping such footage secret. The obvious reason being that it's quite illegal but there's also the collector mentality that they want to be the only ones with that footage.

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member