Happy Friday the 13th!

Discussion in 'General' started by DanceEnergy24, May 13, 2011.

1. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

That sounds awesome man! Congrats on the wedding too, hope it all goes smoothly. Looks like parts 5-6 gonna get done this year? Can't go wrong, love them both

2. Natas

Part 7 is arguably my favorite Jason flick. I go back and forth all the time, but I LOVE 7. The best Jason has ever looked.

wago70 and DVD-fanatic-9 like this.
  3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Thanks!

It's looking like 4 and 6 are going to win, but my one friend tries every year to get us to play Part VIII no matter what, so if we have time for third I might throw that in to humor him. We're also going to attempt to get through the old Nintendo game, but I realize that's damn near impossible given how awful it is.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Whoa damn I had no idea it was going for that much. I bought it for like $80 the day it came out. It was exclusive to Best Buy stores in the states and I remember bugging my friend to drive me to Buffalo so I could buy it (Friday the 13th is my fav movie series). We made a day trip out of it. If I'm not mistaken I think the set came out on a Friday the 13th.

Lol what I find funny are all the people on the blu-ray.com forums who were refusing to buy the set because it left off a commentary on one of the films and didn't include the commentary for part 3 that was on the DVD boxset and now they're whining because it's OOP and people don't want to pay the OOP prices. You snooze you lose.

Personally, I think it's a great set. The only thing I could really complain about was the "book" packaging it came in, it scratches the discs when you remove them. Luckily, someone made really awesome custom covers (with all the original artwork) so I printed them out and put them in standard blu-ray cases. Seriously they're probably the best-looking custom covers I've ever seen. They look like actual retail covers. Looks better than the boxset IMO.

~Matt

othervoice1 likes this.
  5. Natas

Yeah I fucked up big time with my refusal to buy a blu ray player years ago. When I caught F13 parts 4,5,& 6 at the Alamo Draft House back in 2013 they gave away 3 of these sets during the marathon. I EASILY could have won one of them (One was given away via a couple trivia questions) but I didn't have a blu ray player, already owned the dvd set, so I didn't even bother raising my hand. And the other two intermissions when they did giveaways, I spent in the parking lot, getting my mind right for the next feature :D:D:D

but ya man, everywhere online I've looked it's 200+. I ain't playing that game........I'll just have to wait for an opportunity to buy for 80-100 bucks, which is the max I think I'll dish out.

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Nope, it's the DVD set. I also have the first three titles on Blu. I doubt I will upgrade for the rest. I'm happy to have them all but there are too many other Blu titles that I want without delving into every sequel.

7. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Buck135, where did you track down the fan made true 3d blu version of Friday the 13th part 3?

Have you watched it yet? good quality?

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I obtained it from a member on another forum. From what I can tell, the blu-ray and DVD were used to create both sides. For the most part the 3D is outstanding. It's definitely the closest thing to the theatrical release.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah, I scooped up the set for like $95 when I saw that it was starting to disappear online. It's not perfect by any means and I hope some day we get something better, but hey, it's the best we've got so far and who knows when a new set will come out, if ever. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I keep the tin stashed away in my basement and just have the book on the shelf. I'm happy bit the bullet and just bought it because as a die hard fan, I would probably hate myself now.

10. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Pretty cool...

[​IMG]

Workshed and buck135 like this.
  11. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Just broke out my Shout! Factory version of Halloween II tonight, same as the Blu, the only audio choice is distorted and the scene where Loomis shoots Ben Tramer is utterly unwatchable. I couldn't even sit still, I grabbed my ears. It was a disaster. The scene sounded alternately like a shrieking cat and that long trailing sound after an airplane burns off.

Popped in the Universal DVD right afterward to check the scene there and discovered that the audio Shout! Factory doctored wasn't the only option. But: on Blu-Ray, it is.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  12. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

That shirt is rad.

Have F13, everybody!

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  13. Natas

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!!!!

I cannot WAIT to have a beer in my hand. Cheers!

[​IMG]

upload_2017-1-13_8-27-55.jpeg

upload_2017-1-13_8-28-14.jpeg

upload_2017-1-13_8-28-27.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Def going over to my friend's place for some drinks and a Friday the 13th marathon. It's been a while.

~Matt

Natas likes this.
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

16. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Natas likes this.
  17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

wago70 and Natas like this.
  18. Natas

I remember when AMC used to show all the F13 flicks on these glorious of rare days..........today/tonight? Nope. Not a single one. Then you scroll down to the SyFy channel and they're playing 3 Jason flicks tonight. Jason goes to Hell, Jason X, and Freddy vs Jason.....aka, the only 3 films with Jason in it that DOES NOT include "Friday the 13th" in it's title. Do you think that's intentional? I wouldn't think it has to do with rights, as I'm fairly certain SyFy plays Friday the 13th flicks from time to time. Not complaining by any means, just thought it was a little weird.

Going to revisit the remake first tonight on the projector! After that I'll most likely either do the original or part 6. We shall see. The only definite is the fact this guy is getting drunk. Beer and junk food all night, son.

19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I assume that's because SyFy is owned by Universal (NBC), whereas Paramount which owns the rights to 1-8, is CBS. I may be mistaken however.