Hard Candy

Discussion in 'General' started by Tien21, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

Has anyone here heard of, and is anticipating this movie as much as I am? I am not quite sure you can classify it as horror, but it def. has horrifying scenes. If you haven’t heard of it yet, here is the rundown:

Hard Candy premiered at the Sundance FF in Jan 2005. It's probably one of the most controversial movies that was shown there. Basically it's about a girl who agrees to meet a man she is talking to online. The guy is in his 30s and is a photographer. She then suggests to go to his place. Once there, well things happen to him, but I won't say what. She believes he has something to do with the disappearance of a girl.

Anyway, Lions Gate owns the theatrical rights to this movie. They had a date for December 23, but now its TBA 2006. I personally can't wait. The people who liked this, really liked it. The people who didn't, are basically the same people who don't like movies like SAW because they are too violent. Check out the official site- HardCandymovie.com

2. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

Just wanted to reply to this because the Hard Candy trailer debuted in front of Hostel and is supposively pretty great. If you saw it post your thoughts here. I didn't get to see Hostel yet and will probably have to wait until Friday at the latest. I was eagerly awaiting Hostel and ready to see it opening night. Then I was eagerly awating the following week. Now I read about one of my most anticipated movies having it's trailer in front of Hostel and I am more or so having a mental breakdown for having to wait so long to see it.

3. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Sounds really intriguing. I saw "Hostel" last night, but no trailer for this was with it.

4. Noto

Noto Guest

I thought Saw was the film that Boll didn't get a chance to direct. It was that fucking stupid. Silly, yes. Horrifying, no.

Will this Hard Candy actually have a plot or just attempt to be clever?

5. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

My point about Saw was how it actually wasnt that bad and neither is this movie really as far as violence goes. Yes this movie has a plot. Did you not read my first post? Girl beleives this guy has something to do with her bestfriends dissapearance. She meets him. Goes to his place. Uh oh shes crazy and shes going to beat the shit out of him. From what i have read the actress who plays the girl does an amazing job. She will be playing Shadowcat in the upcoming X-men III. If this story isn't original(although a little unbeleivable) I don't know what is. Arrow in the Head gave it a good review if you want to go read that.

6. Noto

Noto Guest

:lol: Sold.

7. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

I Must Know That Girl's Age!

8. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I'm really excited about this one, its been getting some great reviews. I was taken back by the release date mix-up though, as I was planning to see it when I was in the US during that time, but now since it didnt show up I probably wont have a chance to see it theatrically unless its given a larger release and makes it's way to Canada. In any case I'll probably buy the dvd blind anyways since it sounds quite interesting.

9. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

The trailer for "Hard Candy" was pretty suspensful, and its critically acclaimed. Reminded me of 'One hour photo'

10. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Why? :nervous:

11. aoiookami

I hope the trailer shows up online soon, hell, even a website that is more than a few pictures on rotation

12. This looks to be a good one!

13. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Trailer is up.
    http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2456381?htv=12

Sounds like a good movie. I like the premise of a child molester getting his just desserts.

14. shift

shift Hot as shit!

IMDB quote

What are the "surprising consequences"? I like a spoiler or two. I am cool with it ;)

Also where can I view this trailer?

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

do you you know any links. would like to read some.

thanks,

16. shift

shift Hot as shit!

imdb is where I seen soem great ones

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'll check it out, thanks.

18. aoiookami

Thanks alot man. Seems alot darker than I expected, I cant wait to see it.

19. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Ellen Page, born: 21 February 1987

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Holy crap! I was watching the trailer and I knew the girl looked familiar, then I imdb'd the flick and like maskull posted above, it's Ellen Page. And guess what! I did extra work in a movie that she was in back in 2001 called I Downloaded A Ghost! Crazy!