Hard to Die

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Suicide, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Just saw this is coming out on Tuesday, or so they say.
    [​IMG]

Somehow related to the Sorority House/Slumber Party Massacre movies if I recall. Wasn't Orville Ketchum in this one too? The DVD is only $6 at Digital Eyes where I've got all sorts of credit so I'll probably throw it on my order.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think Jim Wynorski once said it was originally supposed to be Sorority House Massacre III. It was also called Tower Of Terror, or something similar for awhile. The character of Orville Ketchum is indeed in the film.

I'm buying it on Tuesday, classic Wynorski cheese!

3. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

This is a must. I love Sorority House Massacre 2 and this movie was made around the same time and some people consider it to be even better. I am definetly getting this one. Orville Ketchum is the man.

4. Dusk

Dusk New Member

5. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Yeah, I think I'll throw it on there. I've been reading reviews calling it a total piece of cheesy crap that's not worth the time it takes to watch it, but I remember it being fun. I'm sure given it's a Wynorski picture it's meant to be a cheesy piece of crap though. Anyway it's $6 on DDD plus that 20% off deal they've got now so I may grab it from there if I decide to get that Robocop set.

6. Justin Kerswell

Justin Kerswell New Member

HARD TO DIE is a lot of fun, indeed! ... For more serious office slasher type movie I'd suggest seeking out a flick called I'M THE GIRL HE WANTS TO KILL, which is one of the 70's TV movies that made up Brian Clemens British THRILLER series. Basically it's like a Brit giallo, but it's pure cat 'n' mouse stalker fun all the way, with a secretary being chased round a high rise office complex by a crazed maniac.

Thanks for the plug btw!

7. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Has anybody bought this DVD yet? I plan on buying it when I get paid and I was wondering what the sound/video quality is like and what special features it has.

8. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I went ahead and rented it from Netflix, watching it right now actually. Looks and sounds decent enough for a movie of this type, the only features are trailers. One for Hard to Die, then a "Preview Attractions" page with Concealed Weapon, Don't Sleep Alone, and Expose trailers.
    Not much but I'd say worth $6-$7 it goes for.

9. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

No problem, you do good work over there. I've got a list of stuff I need to see that I read about a while back.

I'll have to add I'm the Girl He Wants to Kill to the list, sounds like good stuff:D

10. Katatonia

I ordered it from DDD yesterday. $4.79 with the 20% off discount.

Being as it's on Roger Corman's Concorde/New Horizons label and that the movie isn't all that old...I would wager that the quality will be pretty good for DVD.

11. The video quality for the Slumber Party Massacre and Sorority House Massacre movies wasn't bad at all...same company and all.

12. HorrorMaster

HorrorMaster Guest

Wow! I never thought this movie would make it to DVD. To answer your question, yes this movie IS the sequel to "Sorority House Massacre 2: Nighty Nightmare". This film is more of an action film though, but still VERY good. It gets a thumbs up from the master!

~THE MASTER~

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

If this one is at all like Sorority House Massacre 2, I'll be avoiding this one. ;)

14. Katatonia

Jim Wynorski just revealed on Facebook that he's begun work on a Blu-ray for Hard to Die. :)

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Nice! I've wanted to see this for a while.

16. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I know this is exactly the opposite of what you were courting to hear as a response, but...

It's been on YouTube for years.

(The BR will obviously blow the DVD away. There's a weird screen of grayish-white grain or whatever coating the transfer and it's too dark in places. It's nowhere near as good as the Sorority House Massacre II transfer. Which I thought was nice.)

dave13 likes this.
  17. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Never seen this one but curious about the connections to Sorority House/Slumber Party Massacre.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Actually, I know. I've watched a few things on youtube....Brandon Lee's Laser Mission, Oliver Reed's Spasms. I think at least one or two others. I found this one on there, but never got around to watching it. I'm not an A/V snob (I don't think), but I don't really enjoy watching things on youtube. I might have come back to it there, were it not for this announcement.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Fingers crossed for Sorority House Massacre II, as well.