Has Anthropophagus been delayed

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Evil Dead Guy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

He has a kick-ass Anthropophagous website. ;)

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

One of the best sites dedicated to just one film actually.

3. d-udo

d-udo Member

Hi Guys

first of all: RyanPC and Chaostar. Thank you very much for the flowers about the Website, i appreciate :)

today, i recieved an e-mail of Richard York (Media Blasters), and i want you to know about it.

here it is:

"Hello,

I've been reading the forums and wanted to give you guys a heads-up on ANTHROPOPHAGUS.

It had been delayed for a number of reasons: it took some time getting all the materials, then we ran into some technical issues which have finally been corrected. Obviously, with past problems, we found it much more important to correct the problems and delay the release than release it on time with the problems, even at the risk of people grumbling about its delay.

But it all seems to check out now and the release should be a rockin' one (see below for details). It should be ready to ship by the end of the month.
    If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks.

ANTHROPOPHAGUS (uncut)

2-disc set

Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1

Audio: English and Italian w/ new English subs (both mono)

JOE D'AMATO Totally UNCUT 2: The Horror Films (Italian w/Eng subs, approx 60
    min)

George Eastman and Zora Kerova: 2005 Live Appearance discussing ANTHROPOPHAGUS

Alternate opening credits sequences and trailers

Richard York, Media Blasters
    519 8th Avenue, 14th Floor
    New York, NY 10018
    ryork@media-blasters.com"

nice info, but unfortunately there is a little error in the message. The Original aspect ratio of the Film is 1,66:1 and not 1,85:1 as mentioned above :)
    I hope they didn`t fuck it up.

greetz,
    Udo

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Cool I Wonder If It Will Come Out Tomorrow Then Jan 24th

Best Buy In Stock Dates Are Jan 31st

5. I just want the damn dvd!

6. d-udo

d-udo Member

patience ! :)

I have to wait too, and for me it is muc more difficult to get this DVD, because i live in Germany, and this Movie is banned here. I have to paya much more than american citizens, and have a lot more probs to get this thing :(

7. I have heard so much about it. Granted that Lizard in a womens skin was well worth the wait. Still Eastman+ D'amato= gorehound heaven

8. d-udo

d-udo Member

LOL, yeah but i think, Antropophagus is besides some scenes defintely not a gore movie ! ;)

If you like the gore stuff of Aristide Masaccessi, i recommend "Rosso Sangue (1981) or "Buio Omega (1979)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  9. I own Buio Omega! Fantastic film. Rosso Sangue? What is the english title?

10. d-udo

d-udo Member

"Rosso Sangue" also known as "Absurd", "Antropophagus 2" or "Grim Reaper 2" or "Zombie 6 -The Monster Hunter"
    choose one :)
    This movie was concieved as unofficial sequel to Antropophagus aka The Grim Reaper.

check this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084028/

Udo

11. Thanks Alot! Is it out on dvd?

12. d-udo

d-udo Member

In Germany and Austria - yes. (only with german dubbed Audio)

but as far as i know, there is no official (uncut) release in the US yet !
    I know there was a VHS once, called "Zombie 6"
    but i know nothing further about this release, and i can`t say, about some cuts in this version on VHS.

13. Enigma

Enigma Guest

www.axelmusic.com can probably get it to you in Germany without any problem and they usually arrive within a week. I live in the Netherlands and used it for like 100 dvd's now, without any problem.

14. d-udo

d-udo Member

Thanks very much

15. fceurich39

YEA I HAVE IT UNCUT ON VHS ITS A TAPED VHS NO ARTWORK BUT PICTURE AND SOUND GOOD ALSO ISN'T THERE A REMAKE CALLED
    ANTHROPOPHAGUS 2000 AND IS IT ANY GOOD I LOVE ANTHROPOPHAGUS AND PART 2 EVEN THOUGH PART 2 ISN'T A DIRECT SEQUEL

16. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I would rather wait for a DVD release, for a company to correct and problems, and to have as much extras as possible for the DVD. I just hope it comes out tomorrow. I ordered it, Next Day air.

17. fceurich39

Well I Replied To Richard York And Got This Info On The Shipping Of Anthropophagus To Retailers Here It Is

We Expect To Have The Finished Product In Our Hands Somewhere During The Week Of Jan 30th - Feb 3rd. And That Means It Will Ship To Stores And Retailers That Week

18. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I don't know why I'm being so impatient with this dvd. I want it so bad, and I really can't explain why. I've only seen the cut "Grim Reaper" version, and remember it being fucking horrible. And if I'm not mistaken, all the red stuff that got cut from the version I saw happens at the end, so I had to sit througt a snooze fest for something than never showed up. Why am I excited for this boring, badly acted crapper? Odd huh?

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I feel the same way. I never really liked The Grim Reaper version, but there is just something about the atmosphere of the film that draws me to it. I know it's not the extra gore; because gore doesn't exactly make a movie better. Nonetheless, I will be getting this. :)

20. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

fceurich, Anthropophagus 2000 is worth picking up. It's a good companion to this film, in my opinion. The gore looks a bit silly in places, but it's got some good brutality and some of the gore is cool. The "man-eater" looks awesome, alot like the one from the D'Amato film.

Can't wait to get this disc though, I love this film! The atmosphere, gore and music just really make this fun for me. The super hot Zora Kerova is always welcome as well.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006