Has Anthropophagus been delayed

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Evil Dead Guy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Won't shock me if they suck...their service levels in store pretty much blows goats...the only reason I used them is because I have gift cards to use. So I am kinda looking at this one $11 order as a test...hopefully they won't suck too horribly.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Finally got this at BB the other day and wow, did it bore me to tears. It didn't help that my disc was defective and I couldn 't watch the whole thing but goddamn is it slow. The scenes with Anthrofuckface were cool, but too far and few. And the audio sucked ass.

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Can anyone elaborate on the audio problem? Is it too quiet or too distorted or what?

4. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

The audio is very low and muffled. Check out the beginning with the chic swimming in the ocean. It sounds like she's in a bathtub.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I would check it out if I could find the damn thing. :(

6. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Still waiting on this and ONE DARK NIGHT.....DDD shipped then to me, according to their e-mails, a few weeks ago but no sign of them yet.

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I felt the same way when I saw it. It didn't live up to the hype.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Damn, so the audio really sucks ass? I might just put this one on the back burner and get it later then.

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Mine shipped today.:banana:

10. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Tis stinky methinks. Some good gore scenes, but unfortunately, the added material and seeing it in it's "full uncut glory" didn't exactly change my mind about it from the first time I watched it back in the 80's on tape.

11. There's only German DVD releases of ABSURD, but all of them are from the same print. It's strange but the two acceptable releases (the both by Astro Records and Laser Paradise) haven't the same picture quality. In my opinion the best release is the DVD by Laser Paradise (in the so-called "Blood Edition"). On the "eatmybrains" website you read the DVD is cut. That's correct, unfortunately. But the cut scenes (just dialogues) are included in the special features. It's hard to find this DVD, because out of print. Therefore I hope for a better release from Italy or US.

By the way I made a comparison of the two DVDs on the Wicked-Vision website, but about the German law forced me/us to "protect the children" against this kind of movies, so we deals the comparisons with login to persons over 18 years. Perhaps I will seperatley the pictures to show them in this forum. Watch out, guys!

And... sorry for my bad English, I am just German and the co-webmaster of the Antropophagus fan-page. :D

12. d-udo

d-udo Member

Hi Bjoern,

i see, you finally made it into this Forum !!

to all
    Watch out !
    The Anthropophaguys are here :D :D

13. Yeah, Udo, my account was activated for a few days - better late than never. ;) But now I has to sleep, because in a few hours I'll sit in a movie theatre for the next experience of the secretly "Filmclub Buio Omega". See you later!

14. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

I remember renting ABSURD in a video store back in the late 1980's but I don't remember what it was called (maybe ABSURD or maybe an alt title) nor do I remember the video label that released it but it looked like a real VHS release ... no a bootleg.

I seem to remember liking it but remember little about it except for George Eastman being blind and trying to find the blind girl but of course she had the upper hand having been blind for a while ...

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

15. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I got and watch Anthropophagus last night. Honestly, I don't know how it's made it onto so many people's top 10 lists or whatever, with all due respect. It was ok with a great twist (hehe) at the end, but it seemed kind of pedestrian. D'Amato's Buio Omega is much, much better.
    The documentary on disc 2 was OK though I fell asleep eventually. I don't know why they couldnt have it all on one disc. It's not like it was a blatant excuse to charge more (10.99 at BB!) Most of the trailers looked like direct to video crap.

16. gore

gore Guest

Yep I just picked it up at BB for 10.99. I hope all the hype doesnt turn out to disappoint, gunna watch this and One Dark Night.

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'm surprised you guys didn't already know this one was a bit of a turkey. I want it due to its reputation, but honestly, I'm expecting nothing but cheese.

18. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Ditto.

19. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mentioned earlier how bad this movie was, but couldn't explain why I wanted it so much. 80% of the film is a boring mess with too many walking around scenes, but you gotta admit, how Anthro-ass-face goes out is classic!

20. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

the only u.s. release of this title was on wizard video, and it was called MONSTER HUNTER...................