Has anyone got The Kindred on laserdisc?

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by Wernski, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Wernski

Wernski Member

I have the Australian DVD, which looks absolutely terrible... like worse than I remember it looking on VHS or cable TV. I know the laser is just fullscreen, but I'm wondering, if anyone has it, does it at least look better than this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since it seems to be in copyright limbo, I'd consider picking the laser up if it's a decent improvement...

2. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

I have a DVD-R rip of the Laserdisc and it definitely looks better than the screens you posted.

vlcsnap-2015-12-21-06h21m30s298.png vlcsnap-2015-12-21-06h29m07s929.png

I would love to see this one finally get a new release, but in the meantime this is the best version I've come across.

3. Wernski

Wernski Member

Oh nice, yeah; I might have to get that, then... The disc I've got is so washed out, it almost looks black & white.

4. Sam

Sam Member

That dvd might be sourced from a vhs master like the Chopping Mall dvd from Lionsgate. All of those Kindred caps look pretty bad, though the LD is certainly the lesser of two evils.

5. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Here is a film that I would love to see released on either DVD or Blu - does anybody know about the copyright limbo? I am assuming that is why we've never seen a decent release. I had the VHS and got rid of it awhile ago. I really like this film, especially Rod Steiger's performance.

zompirejoe likes this.
  6. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

At one time Synapse had announced they were releasing this, but then got caught up in some kind of legal hell and it was pulled from their lineup. I too would love to see this released on Blu, such a cool little B movie sci fi horror hybrid !

Harry Warden likes this.
  7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I have The Kindred on LD and it looks more like the screens from the LD to DVD port. Love this movie.

8. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I thought I read that it was going to be released. I couldn't remember by who and then I kinda lost track of it. My want list constantly changes and grows (lol). It's really too bad. If anybody is reading this..Arrow, Shout Factory, or Synapse. Hell, if we can finally get The Mutilator, we should be able to get this film released.