Hatchet 3

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by baggio, May 31, 2012.

1. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

The first two are entertaining but empty. I remember enjoying them, but I don't remember much about them.

2. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Just finished it. Probably the best of the 3 so far. Plenty of over the top kills, a bit more humor thrown in this time too. A nice small, but entertaining role from Sid Haig too. The story flows well and has a surprisingly good ending. Plus Danielle Harris keeps the eyebrow under control too, which is good as it annoyed the crap out of me in Hatchet 2. Worth a watch, you wont be disappointed.

3. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

The original will always be my favorite but this is a close second.

Great cast (Harris was better here and I loved Caroline Williams and Zach Galligan), great gory kills and a satisfying closure to the series.

The movie looks much bigger in scope compared to 1 & 2 and it's more action packed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  4. ThisEvilBastard

ThisEvilBastard Banned Mofo

I liked the first Hatchet and never really gained an interest to see the secend entry but a few months ago I've checked out the trailer for this one and it doesn't look half bad. It looks like the unmade Friday the 13th sequel the fans have wet dreams over.
    I'm surprised that some of the stuff presented in this film wasn't in a Friday the 13th film.

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll "Take Manhattan" :D

I was disappointed with Part 2. It was a chore to sit through.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

really enjoyed it, very nice close to the series, would be surprised if they made another (where would they go!!!), did feel bigger, some nice humour also, my only complaint is some of the gore gags, there was not the inventiveness i would have liked, even if it was for just one or two gags, most of them had been done in the previous films, but hey i still loved it, physical effects as usual apart from the end. all in all very happy. look forward to getting on blu.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Seen it, liked it. Took a little to get going, but that was to set up the story. Filmed well, had that more expensive feel to it. The humor like others have mentioned was well played, it wasn't really slapstick, which was nice. No CGI, all practical effects. Like hots4 mentioned, the kills could have been a little more creative, but that might have been a result to the "killing" situations. Most of the killing by Victor, was attacking people that knew about his existence. This wasn't a bunch of people taking a tour in the swamp getting surprise attacked by an unknown. Caroline Williams & Zach Galligan were quite good here, as well as Danielle Harris (who looked really good) Even Mears did a good job.

Enjoyed the surprise cameo, the other another great addition, & the "other" little surprise... Which btw I'm not ruining, like someone else did the cameo in another post. Please use spoiler tags guys.

P.S. - Two "attacks" by Victor actually made me jump, so kudos for that.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Watched it last night. I enjoyed it but no doubt will enjoy it more once I can see it in HD with no cropping. I hope they make more of these. I've been enjoying this franchise.

9. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Dug it big time! Part 2 was shitty but this made up for it. Sid Haig was funny as hell and the kills were alot of fun.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Where is everyone seeing this at? Leaked torrents, film fests or is it out in limited release?
    I feel left out already.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I couldn't find it OnDemand, where they usually release this stuff. But it is on iTunes and Amazon streaming.

12. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

It's on Amazon streaming? Cool - I have Amazon Prime and I had no idea I could also stream movies from them for free.

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't think it's available for free streaming. When I had Prime streaming, the movies had to be $1.99 or less for it to be free.

It's $6.99 on both iTunes and Amazon.

14. Zombie Dude

I'm assuming torrents for the most part. That's how I saw it.

15. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Watched this over the weekend. Nothing earth-shattering, but a lot of fun. Really great fan service with lots of horror stars included. Everyone was from somewhere. This is nearly the Expendables for horror. I have new respect for Derek Mears. He bowed to the godfather. And the gore is ridiculous and non-cgi so no one should complain. I hope they come out with a boxed set and make more of these. I've liked all three so far.

16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Seems the Germans are releasing a 3D version of this!!!! Blu ray sleeve below.

[​IMG]

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Hatchet III was only released in a censored version (missing 2 minutes footage) in Germany. I believe the Austrian Blu-ray is uncut. Not sure about the 3D version though.

18. Zombie Dude

3D would be cool but I have to say, after revisiting Hatchet 3 I found it to have some of the most boring and unimaginative kills of the series. Plus I think they could have written some better dialogue for Mary Beth. Every since they changed to Daniel Harris all the character does is whine and drop the f-bomb. She's far from a likable lead.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  19. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

No digital gore = I will see it.
    It's that simple thesedays.

20. sade

sade Member

I agree, even though I'm huge fan of practical special effects I found the filmmaker more focused on the gore (kill/min) than the story line. I also felt the same way about the 2nd ChromeSkull flick.