HATCHET II Blu-ray Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

After a controversial theatrical run, Adam Green's sequel, HATCHET II, finally hits Blu-ray and DVD today. To commemorate the second rebirthing of the American slasher, we've got 3 Blu-rays to give away to all you lucky readers. What do you have to do? Click here to find out![/b]
    [​IMG]

After a controversial theatrical run, Adam Green's sequel, HATCHET II, finally hits Blu-ray and DVD today. To commemorate the second rebirthing of the American slasher, we've got 3 Blu-rays to give away to all you lucky readers. What do you have to do? Just tell us what your favorite past tragedy in a slasher movie is!

What do we mean by "past tragedy"? You know, the bit in a slasher movie, often at the start, where the killer or someone connected to the killer features a traumatic incident before the inevitable "10 Years Later" title card. In HALLOWEEN, it's Michael's opening shot Steadicam stab. In FRIDAY THE 13TH, it's late night counselor talk about how this small disfigured boy drowned in the lake while two of the counselors were getting it on. Or in SLEEPAWAY CAMP it's the boating accident where a lazy teenager drives too close to the shore and runs over a couple little kids swimming. It is the scene that sets up the legend of all those unforgettable slasher bad guys or girls.

The first HATCHET did such a great job of harkening back to the good slashers of old with its lengthy backstory sequence where Kane Hodder, as Victor Crowley's father, accidentally hacks his son's screaming face with a hatchet when trying to rescue the disfigured boy from a Halloween prank gone wrong. The second hopefully continues in that tradition, and you may get the chance to see it on a free Blu-ray if your response is picked!

All you have to do is make a single post in this thread telling us your favorite past tragedy in a slasher flick and why it's your favorite. In a week's time, on Tuesday, February 8th, three winners will be randomly selected. Your copy of HATCHET II will then be shipped right to your door. Not bad!

[​IMG]

So horror fans and slasher buffs, tell us your favorite past tragedy in a slasher and you could get the new HATCHET starring mini-scream queen Danielle Harris on Blu-ray.

NOTE: Contest is open to those with a US address only. If you live outside the USA (like me!) you can still enter, since we'd love to hear your pick, but if you win you'd have to provide a US address of a relative or perhaps a kind American member on this board to qualify!

Let the contest begin...Victor Crowley lives!

Attached Files:

2. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Marty Ranzen's "lab accident" in Slaughter High.:)

3. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I guess this would count: Courtney's mental state in Slumber Party Massacre II after the event's of the first. Because it paves the way for the most hip-shakin', drill-guitar playin', break dancin' killer in the history of film :D

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I'm gonna have to go with PROM NIGHT (1980).
    The opening tragedy had me thinking "The Killers Are Coming" for years!

5. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

Poor Cropsey getting burned in "The Burning".

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I liked the one in "Pieces" where the kid gets caught putting together a nudie puzzle, then hacks up his mom. lol

7. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Without a doubt I have to go Madman Marz's rampage where he hacked up his family and then went down to the local tavern with his axe to order a beer(the last part not shown, but still memorable in the retelling).

8. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

As far as showing the tragedy, definitely the opening scene in Halloween, but as far as recounting the tragedy and the legend surrounding it, I've got to go with John Furey and the cast of Friday the 13th Part 2 sitting around the campfire as he starts off, "Now I don't want to scare anyone, but I'm going to give it to you straight about Jason . . . " Totally captures the essence of what every Friday film should be.

9. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

"Halloween", if only for the boobs on Judith Myers. Seeing a rack like that in a 70s exploitation flick is like striking oil in your backyard.

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

What about George Lucas' twin brother stumbling upon his wife in bed with a plumber (electrician?) in The Forest, then carving her up with a giant saw in front of their kids! Awesome!

11. Caspar2112

Caspar2112 New Member

I am going to have to say the Black Christmas Remake, just a crazy crazy nonsensical prelude that runs from hilarious to stupid. The inbreeding, the almost super powers of Billy and his sister. Good Gory Fun.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'll have to go with Eric's house burning tragedy in Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge.

Get laid, get fried.

13. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Silent Night Deadly Night where Santa kills Billy's parents - Ho Ho Ho!!! It's dark in the middle of nowhere. You see Santa on the side of the road and have a couple little kids that should be psyched, but no! Billy knew and so his pop got shot and mom got felt up and throat slit!

14. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

The Prowler: A WWII soldier gets a Dear John letter upon his return from the battlefield. The spurned trooper goes to the local dance and finds his best girl in the arms of another man. The rest is history, folks. :cry:

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I gotta go with The Burning. I'm always creeped out thinking about how those kids came into the possession of a decomposing head.

16. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

I'm not sure if this qualifies as tragedy, but it came to my mind as backstory... the very bizarre flashbacks in Sleepaway Camp with Angela, Ricky and that creepy aunt. It might not be tragic, but the film seems to make the link between the past and the present.

17. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Prom Night (1980). The death of the young girl who falls has always stuck a chord with me and shows how cruel kids can be. (not to mention adults..thus why we had the movie in the first place :D ).

18. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'll say The Burning as well. Poor Cropsey

19. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Gotta go with the classic tragedy of Jason's drowning in Friday the 13th (1980). It made for one miffed momma!

20. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

The Jason "rapes" Christie perversion of the Friday the 13th back story in part III. Not because I think its good but because its so out of left-field and doesn't fit with the tone of any of the other films.