HATCHET II Blu-ray Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Feb 1, 2011.

1. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Member

Hiding under the bed in the original My Bloody Valentine

2. Ninjalo

Ninjalo New Member

Silent Night, Deadly Night for me!!! Kid sees santa kill his folks after the warning from gramps, f'd up :)

3. citizentoxie

citizentoxie Guest

it may not count as a slasher but being ripped out with a rusty hanger by a seriously ticked off pimp in Ryan Nicholson's HANGER was pretty crazy!

4. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

"Who's going to bring me ice cream now, Momma?" - Ice Cream Man

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

It's a close call between this and PROM NIGHT but I'll go with the original MY BLOODY VALENTINE.The crew watching the methane levels are so excited to get to the Valentine's Day party that they cut out early.The mine shaft explodes and entombs the remaining men.When they finally dig out the sole survivor,Harry Warden,they find out how he managed to avoid starvation while trapped underground for so long...

Shuddery stuff !

6. pieces35

pieces35 New Member

I love the opening scene of "PIECES, where the kid is trying to put the puzzle together and then kills mom!!!

KILLER!!!

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

A little cliche, but I'm going to go with the opening from Halloween. I couldn't imagine how effective that would have been to theater goers at the time. Being one of my favourite horror films, it is still very effective for me, even if the first person stalk and kill has been done to death now. I also love the reveal at the end that the killer is just a young suburban child. Carpenter knows how to open a film!

Other notable entries would be Pieces, Terror Train, The Burning, The Prowler, Hatchet, and for sheer craziness, Silent Night, Deadly Night.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'll go with Silent Night, Deadly Night. Seeing Santa wipe out the family sending him over the edge.

9. mrcafejava

mrcafejava New Member

The entire backstory of the killer in Silent Night Deadly Night! It took it's time and made me sympathetic.

10. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

I'm going to have to go with the boating accident of Sleepaway Camp. The ending itself is a tragedy; crazy to think that a mom could do that to a child.

11. adric

adric New Member

the burning

12. killit

killit Active Member

Pledge night

The original torturing of the student turned killer. Why? Because Pledge Night is awesome! Also the warlock/artist from the beyond gets a mention. Good luck to er'body

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  13. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Tragedy? You want tragedy? How about babysitting some brat and somebody killed it and is in the house fucking with you like a cat with a half dead mouse?

Granted, its only the first ten minutes or so, but still, gotta go with When A Stranger Calls.

The calls... THEYRE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!

14. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I'd have to go with Pieces. I still love the fact that it was supposed to be set in the 1940's, yet there's clearly a pennant for the New England Patriots in the background.

15. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Though I wouldn't 100% call it a slasher,(even though it plays something like a bodycount flick)the senseless killing of Ed Harley's boy in Pumpkinhead got to me even as a child.

Was it the poor little bumpkin's nerdy-thick glasses? The soft, country twang to his voice?

I think it was that Billy was all Harley had,so isolated from the rest of the world.With his only boy gone,he cared little enough for himself to sell his soul to the devil, just to get revenge on the careless city folk. Good characterization all-around to boot,so you kind of felt for the more innocent of the hunted kids,while still understanding Harley's choice.

16. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

Another vote for Pieces. So the kid liked nudie pics in puzzle form. Let the kid dream a little.

17. Jason101

Jason101 New Member

I like the beginning of "Terror Train" where the prank against Kenny Hampson goes wrong. Also, it was a great idea having the killer disguise himself differently all throughout the costume party on the train.

18. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

I will also go with Pieces!

19. gyhorrorfan07

gyhorrorfan07 Well-Known Member

I'll go with The Burning. Man, hearing those terrifying screams from Cropsy. No wonder that man went crazy like he did.

20. rhett

rhett Administrator

Thanks everyone for the submissions, the contest is now closed. It was great reading everyone's responses...I think I'd cheat and vote "All of the above"! So many good ones! I was never a fan of the sleaze in THE BURNING, but if there's one thing I really do think the film got right, it's that awesome Cropsy backstory. Coupled with Rick Wakeman's music and it's my favorite. Props, though, to Hatchet for really taking the time to get the legend right in both films!

Anyway, without further adieu...the three winners of HATCHET II on Blu-ray are:

baggio
    ReelFear
    Vincent Pina

Congrats you old dogs! Please send me your name and US shipping address and I'll have these sent out to you right away.

Thanks all for participating, and stay tuned for more contests, as always, in the future!