Hatchet

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Oct 5, 2004.

1. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I assume you mean Tony Todd's cameo and not the actual movie. If so, I'd have to agree with you there. I found it to be pretty corny and wasted as opposed to his cheesy scenery chewing in the Final Destination films. I still enjoyed Hatchet but that part, not so much.

2. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

i wasn't disappointed with the ending at all, it was the editing of the ending, it looked like the disc errored and skipped right to the credits!

3. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

Adam Green says on the disc that Reverend Zombie will be a very, very important character in Hatchet 2.

I'll be back later.

4. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Just watched the director's cut, stumbled onto it at Wal-Mart for under $10, couldn't believe the price. After watching it, I didn't know what to think. I hated the intro, thought it got funny at the middle, that "cajun" tourguide was a gem. I also liked the Newbury Comics shirt placement (the bayou goes down easier for me with a touch of New England). I just wish they had tried for a less serious approach to the horror elements, hokey as hell and they didn't fit the movie. I also think it focused way to much on vomiting & gagging. One genuine puke scene is enough. Also, every cameo was a waste imo.
    So what's different with the theatrical version?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  5. Loved the movie and found the ending very fitting and different. Good genre effort.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I watched this today and I loved it. The death scenes were brutal for the most part, especially the
    mouth ripping scene
    . Loads of blood and the humor was pretty good too. The blonde got on my nerves after a while. I was ready to kill her by the boat scene.

7. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

[​IMG]

8. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i enjoy it. 8/10 for me.

best scene in the movie!

[​IMG]

9. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Finally got around to watching it tonight and thought it was awesome. I don't remember the last time I watched a newer horror movie and really enjoyed it.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

:fucked: :lol:

Definitely.

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Finally watched this last night - AWESOME!!! Well, awesome gore and story - some good laughs as well. There was some borderline cheese, but I think we're all used to that and have seen much much worse :)

12. Lots of fun. Every once in a while I wished it was a little more serious (I had to stifle a laugh every time Crowley appeared, doing the Godzilla arm wave to demonstrate his menacing nature), but I'm glad I watched it and will definitely watch it again. Good stuff.

13. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Yeah that kill is great, love it so OT :D

14. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

looks cool, i havent got around to seein it yet... i might grab it next time im at blockbuster

15. Wayne

Wayne Guest

Never seen it before but might pick it up sometime when I have a little extra cash to throw around.

16. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

watched it last night. It was available from netflix to stream to my 360 and worked great. I liked it, good kills, gore, laughs and a good amount of breasts. I would watch this again.

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I saw this recently too and it wasnt bad- tongue in cheek over the top gory movie that had a few laughs and - yes - some nice ladies thrown in never hurts - not a classic but enjoyable none the less

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Anyone hear anything about the sequel lately?

I ask since I was in Best Buy eariler and saw "Shadow: Dead Riot" which for a second I thought maybe was the sequel (Tony Todd in a voodooish movie/role, could happen to anyone), until looking at the specs and a link on my blackberry. It got me thinking about it though, so what's the word?

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I hope! I loved the first flick. Thought it was a fun way to waste an hour and half. Some of the best gore and kills I've seen as well.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Last I heard there was zero go ahead on this project. In fact the last heard about part 2 was from Adam Green to Fangoria talking about a possible sequel... and that was at the end of 2007.

Disappointed. I figured this could have been a another little franchise for Kane.