Haute (High) Tension: Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Jan 19, 2005.

?

Vote

1. Great film!

55.6%
  2. This movie sucks!

3.2%
  3. I hated the ending

20.6%
  4. I haven't watched it yet but will (soon)

19.8%
  5. I will never watch this

0.8%
  1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Your too far of course in your thinking.

Right at the beginning of the film you see her in what appears to be a mental hospital. The first thing she says is to the Doctors/psychiatrics is "is it recording" There for everything we see from that point on is her schizophrenic point of view of what happened that night, taking mostly from the "the good" Marie's point of view. All we know for sure is that see killed those people everything else she could had conjured up in her warped mind making anything plausible.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Haha. I described the reason the ending makes sense, just in much shorter form than Ash's response. Good one, though.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Oh God, from far away I thought your avatar was Jack Nicholson from The Shining saying "Here's Johnny!" :nervous:

But to keep this post on topic, I haven't seen Haute Tension yet. I'd really love to see it in theaters though. :)

4. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

there is a clip posted at http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=1229 from the lion's gate version of the film. the clip shows a death scene that is partially cut so i guess that is how it's gonna play in the theater. check it out

5. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

This thread made me nervous. I couldn't resist browsing it though. Thanks to everyone for using the spoiler tags.

I have been wanting to get the uncut-with-subs version (UK?), but I haven't found an online vendor that has that particular version.

There is a HK disc at pokerindustries that promises being uncut and having subs, but reviews on the net disagree on the actual specs.

If anyone has a specific link to the UK version to buy (which I am assuming is the best available), please post said link, so I can finally get this film and quit torturing myself. Thanks! :)

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I got mine from Amazon UK. It cost more to ship than it would from amazon of course, but I had lost all patience by that point and didn't care. The US trailer with Sonic Youth's "Superstar" playing was the last straw for me. I had to have it straight away. At any rate, it is here.

Edited to add: It is also at Diabolik and Xploited now. That might be easier for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  7. Stige

Stige Active Member

8. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Thanks for the fast replies!

Perusing onebyone's links, there is that damn oh-so-tempting HK version again. So tempting, but I have yet to read anyone else who actually bought it yet. Oh well, I'll spend a bit more and get the UK version for now.

And Stige, unless I am missing the obvious, play.com doesn't ship to the United States? At least when I set up my shipping address, there is no option for "United States" under "Country". :confused:

Thanks again for the quick replies! :)

EDIT: Order placed! I SO hope this arrives by this Saturday! I am geeked! Thanks guys! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  9. Stige

Stige Active Member

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

boy I am slow these days, see that other people already have written that link

11. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

if yall are handy with the editing programs on your p.c. you can always get the french disc and add the subs by yourself. there was an older thread a while back that has the compressed folder with the subs attached to the post. it's really the best way to view this steaming pile of crap.

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Okay, okay, so there won't be a US release on DVD until it comes out in theaters, correct? And the one coming to theaters is NOT an Americanized remake, correct?

I'm so confused.

Maybe I should just buy the goddamn thing and be done with it.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

looks like your one of only two people on these boards who didn't like the film. Your either really smart or really need to watch it again.

14. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

:lol:

15. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

well, "it sucks" IS an option so i don't understand why you find it so hard to believe someone thinks so. same thing happened with dead birds the other night--i was really liking the movie all the way through and then the end pissed me off and made me hate the movie as a whole. this is the same. i'm not going to like a movie simply for the fact that the first part was good. it sucks! and what a rip off too. but you go ahead and kiss this movies ass all you want :)

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

just a comment on the poll. you have basiclly only one positive choice and 3 negetive choices. no middle ground.

17. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I haven't seen it and after reading all these posts I think I'll pass.
    Can I change my vote into "I will never watch this" ??
    Thank you very much....

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

well really there are two positive. the one with "I want to watch it" seems positive. could perhaps use an "It's ok" option though.

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The US one will not be an Americanized remake. However, it will be cut and dubbed.

20. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

so you'd almost be better off if it was an Americanized remake. Dubbed is evil! :mad: