Have you seen a Faces of Death film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 16, 2008.

?

Have you seen a FACES OF DEATH film?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2008.
  1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

There are some things where "good" or "bad" doesn't really apply. Instead, it's "have you seen it" or "haven't you?" The FACES OF DEATH films, with their purportedly real presentations of death, are one of those iconic oddities. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST is another, where the true test is getting through it all with your sanity intact. FACES OF DEATH has always been notoriously hard to find, and for many years was accessible only through bootlegs and copies of copies taken from VHS shelves. Now though, it's on DVD and Blu-ray courtesy of Gorgon Video. It's out there...so have you, or haven't you seen it?

Vote, and then let us know why.

2. reddye5

reddye5 Member

I saw Part 2 back in the VHS days. I remember being all hyped up to see it, and then being let down once I did. I found it boring.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Now it's out there? It's been out for ages. The previous release included the first four films in the series. And yes, i own that set. I've watched two of them so far, but then shelved it. Depressing things these - although the first one isn't so bad since we know most of it is faked.

Traces of Death though - that's a whole other level.

Why? It was a classic "you've got to see this" rite of passage back in the day. Since the previous R1 release was a four movie set, I got them all.

4. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I've seen them all I believe, although I fast-forward through any animal footage. I actually never saw the last half of part 4 until I had my buddy edit out the animal footage for me. I had the original VHS, and once I saw some Asians stick a puppy on a cutting board, I couldn't take the tape out quick enough :cry:

Who knows if it's real now or not, but I'm not going to revisit it to find out.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The new disc has a commentary on it - and it confirms much of this is fake. For instance, the first film starts with a dog fight, all fake (the dogs are playing, and they simply covered them with "blood".) The gator attack - faked... and so on. Effective though.

If you didn't like this Traces of Death will blow your mind.

6. I own the original DVD editions of both part 1 and 2. They have been readily avaiilable on Amazon both used and new. The new BD and DVD relese is just a re-issue with more extras.

7. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I've seen the first. I got it from a local Convenient store, "Eight Till Late" that rented out VHS when i was about 12.

8. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

Watched it years ago with my then brother-in-law. I found it pretty boring and not at all interesting. Even way back then, I knew that all of the on screen killing was faked. I couldn't believe how many of my friends thought that the whole thing was real. What can I say, my friends were gullible.

9. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I think i've seen the first Traces, is that the one with the Twilight Zone movie accident?

There's this other real death video series called Faces Of Gore that is supposed to be the worst of them all.

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Nope, just the preview on the Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things tape when I rented it waaaay back when. They had a few in rental stores around here, but I never had the desire.

11. gore

gore Guest

I rented these a long time ago but just picked up the collectors set a year ago at fry's electronics. Its vol. 1-4 and they had it marked for $10, I knew this was a mistake. They caught wind of it at the cashier but honored the price since they marked it wrong. Part 1 is the best, still have to revisit 3 and 4. Fake or not it still makes me squirm knowing it could be real. :eek:

12. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Is there one of these that shows a lady crossing the street in some European country and having a chimney randomly collapse on top of her? Then some old guy leading the police on a chase and killing himself with a shotgun?

I saw something like this about ten years ago or so when my sister's boyfriend rented it and I'm not sure what the title was.

13. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I've seen 'em all. My friends and I growing up used to like to rent them at the old video store. I always found them entertaining. I saw that the original is was out on Blu-Ray which I found kinda interesting. I really didn't think that would ever happen, at least not that quickly. I'd be interested to see just how good the transfer is.

14. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I have seen them all, more than once, and I have all of them on DVD, but I remember when my mom watching the 1st Faces of Death, and she wanted to turn it off after the Autopsy scene. She said "No More."

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i have the box set i like them all

16. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Nope, and I don't want to.

17. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Faces of Gore is more like aftermath footage of crimes and disasters than any death scenes. It's really not very good, but the highlight is the insanely offensive narration, which is so wrong that it made me laugh. I'm sure I was already going to hell anyways :p

18. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

That's Banned from Television.

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I don't know if I could watch anything with real animal killings. Just because I eat chicken and beef, doesn't mean I want to see the animals slaughtered. I can eat meant because I don't think of where it comes from.

20. j tea

j tea New Member

i cant recall which one i saw. it was in junior high at a kid's house whose parents were always gone. there were several 'bad kids' there and i was really out of place. it was a memorable experience.

i saw a traces of death in college and made the mistake of watching while i ate dinner. bad idea. it had the bud dwyer suicide in it which was incredibly unsettling.