Have you seen a Faces of Death film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 16, 2008.

?

Have you seen a FACES OF DEATH film?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2008.
  1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I've seen the first four. Never seen Traces of Death, Death Scenes, etc. Shocking Asia was a trip. The sex change operation...wow.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

No, but I plan on buying it and watching it.

3. Fumi

Fumi Member

I saw the first one on VHS way back in the day. It was sort of interesting. Didn't inspire me to see the rest of them though. Playboy's sexy lingerie - now that inspired me to rent the whole series.

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I bought the original last week after not seeing it in 10 years and it was a bit of a disappointment.

5. MrVess

MrVess Guest

I did, sadly. Probably all of them. And at that age of 12 or so, I even believed some of their footage was real, groan.

Fortunately, there are just two things I remember from them today - that they were hosted by a hilariously awful weirdo "actor" who makes Tom Welling look like Marlon Brando, and that the one scene I found really interesting then had something to do with "mutated lake worms". Although it could have come from one of its countless ripoffs, come to think of that...

6. geeare

geeare Guest

I've never seen any of them. as a matter of fact, I had the first one pre-ordered on amazon but this thread helped me decide to cancel that order. are there any stories to these "movies" or are they just scenes of death. I'm not interested in seeing senseless killings of animals if it's real or not.

7. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Word.

8. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Not for Pussies

I've seen them all, and I own the 4-disc Gorgon set.

Ahh, Faces of Death. A true rite of passage back in the day. Lotsa nostalgia for gorehounds there. The first is the best, of course. Parts 2 & 3 were disappointingly tame. Part IV was a return to form, if a bit more outlandish.

These were a VHS staple back in the day. In the early '90s, I worked in a video store that only stocked one of the sequels. It was always rented out, and after pointing this (and countless customer inquiries) out to the manager, they finally got some more in. Around that time, a local theater had Part IV as a weekend midnite show for a while. I went twice (and have the death certificates to prove it!). The place was packed for the first week. They added another auditorium for subsequent weeks, and it was still packed. FoD drew big business, but was still seen as very underground / edgy / hardcore. Should they admit now what was fake? I dunno. In these nostalgia-centric times, it's ripe for a comeback one way or another. (Unless the 'net makes FoD obsolete :( .)

If you haven't seen Faces of Death, you're a pussy. :evil: