HD update

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by horrorlover, May 28, 2015.

1. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

hey I was saying like 3 weeks ago how I couldn't tell the difference between DVD and blu ray and someone said I might need glasses, well like right after that like a few days I had an eye appointment scheduled and I needed glasses haha, Just wanted to tell that little funny story for everyone's amusement :banana:

2. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Is that the Quantem Leap guy?

:lol:

At first I thought the dood in the mirror was Joey from Friends.

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Let us know if you can see a difference once you get your prescription filled.

5. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I know people with perfect vision that don't give a rats ass about SD,HD or 4K.

6. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

haha got my prescription filled, and I got today in the mail the Blu ray's of Vampyros Lesbos and She Killed in Ecstasy, watched Vampyros Lesbos, looked great to me, but I don't have the new DVD to compare to, only the Synapse DVD, which was god awful compared to this new blu ray. But that's not a fair comparison, One would have to compare the Severin blu ray to the Severin dvd to get a real comparison I guess, but yeah the blu ray look great, but I did not mention a great reason and a reason I do often buy a blu ray over a DVD is the EXTRAS, often times a blu ray will have many more extras inlluded that the DVD version of the film is lacking. I do think that is something I pay attention to, not sure how many people that is an issue for though, some people just want the movie and nothing else, and for some movies all I want is the movie and nothing else, but for films from people like Jess Franco and also the stuff Arrow films are putting out and also horror films and stuff I really like when they can include extras, but like mainstream hollywood films, starring Tom Cruise, I really don't need extras, so maybe I am weird about that, I get all my Tom Cruise news on TV, I don't really need it on my Blu ray or DVD extras, but I like when they can include some lesser known horror films movie stars that I like in films that may not even be well know, people that are not known well to the general public that's the kind of extras I really enjoy.

7. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Scott Bakula, yes!

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Weren't you saying you had a 32" 720p in a small space, but your parents had a 65" 1080p? That's where you'll really see a difference.

9. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I have been comparing between the few films I own a blu ray and DVD of that I have upgraded to, and there is a difference, like with City of the Living Dead, but I didn't have the Blue Underground DVD only the old Anchor Bay DVD, so it's not a direct comparison, but yeah the blu ray is quite a big upgrade. The DVD is very good, it just seems a bit smudgy compared to the blu ray which is more crisp. That' the big difference I notice between the picture quality. The audio quality I notice no difference, but I am just listening to sound through my TV speakers, so I have always though DVD sounded just fine, and blu ray sounds just fine to me too. Well let me say MOST dvd and blu ray sound just fine. Some DVD's have too low of a volume, but with blu rays I don't really notice that problem like there was on some DVD's, so that is one thing I notice they have mostly fixed wtih Blu ray.