"Hello, Dolly!" Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Aug 26, 2008.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

It's contest time again at HORRORDVDS.COM, and this time you have a chance to win one of three copies of the new CHILD'S PLAY: CHUCKY'S 20TH BIRTHDAY EDITION DVD. It's been nine years since MGM put out their full frame, featureless disc, so here's finally an upgrade worth dolling out the cash for. Anamorphic, finally, and packed with a commentary, behind-the-scenes footage and four featurettes, this looks like a release even our favorite Good Guy would approve. The disc hits on September 9th, so enter the contest now to secure your copy!

So what do you have to do? Simple. Tell us your favorite killer doll movie. Is it one of the CHILD'S PLAY films? TRILOGY OF TERROR? DOLLS? PUPPET MASTER? There's surprisingly more than you'd think in the sub-genre, so pick your favorite, tell us why you love it, and you'll automatically be entered in the contest.

[​IMG]

Winners will be chosen at random on Sunday, September 7th.

So now tell us, what's your favorite killer doll movie, and why?

Attached Files:

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

It's MAGIC, mainly because of Anthony Hopkins. The film is well made and dark enough but, man, his performance gives me the creeps. The look of the doll is quite scary too.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Ooooo, can't wait to enter this. :)

4. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I dunno if this counts as a "killer doll" movie, but that scene in F/X or F/X 2 (can't remember which) where the weird clown beats the living shit out of the guy trying to get Bryan Brown was absolutely hilarity.

5. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

My fave would have to be TRILOGY OF TERROR, I frist saw that when I was very young on TV, and that Zuni doll segment gave me nightmares for weeks!! It was also the first "scary" type movie I had seen. So it holds a special place in my heart!

6. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

While it's not exactly a "killer doll/toy" film per se, I have to mention that the toy army soldiers come to life in the first 'X-tro' film scared the shit out of me as a kid...to the point where playing with plastic army soldiers wasn't an option for a while lol. Other than that, (and a rightfully more qualifying entry) I'd have to say the first Demonic Toys film for me. When Full Moon started putting out direct to video horror films during the peak of the vhs rental boom, my dad and I would rent 3 at a time on weekends. I was fascinated by the fx work and eagerly anticipated every episode of videozone. (I think that's what it was called, the little behind the scenes feature at the end of the tapes...?) After renting Demonic Toys, Puppetmaster, Subspecies, etc...I was a Full Moon fan. Demonic Toys will always have a soft spot in my heart...:D

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

Then enter it, heir procrastinator!

8. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Woo hoo!!!

I love the Childs Play Movies!!!There the best!!!!:banana:

9. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

It's Childs Play for me. I had the poster above my bed as a kid. My sister-in law was dating my brother at the time and she lived pretty far away. When she stayed over she got my bed and I had the couch. She still talks about that poster. I still love the movie and watch it a few times a year.

10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'd have to say the Puppetmaster series as a whole. Not sure which film is my favorite (3 perhaps?), but I enjoyed each of them, even Curse. I just liked the variety of puppets in the films.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

As much as I enjoy the Childs Play films, I love the early Puppet Master film series. The early Full Moon atmosphere, the cheese factor...they just don't make 'em like this any more. Mainly the first three of them I would easily say are my favorites, but the later ones (mostly) aren't too shabby.

12. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Pin would be mine...one of the more underrated horror films ever IMO, I bring it up whenever I can. Sure, the doll may not be real in terms of what is actually going on, but it's one of the better cerebral horror flicks of its time, and the doll is without a doubt creepy.

13. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

Dolly Dearest is probably my favorite doll movie because no matter how many times I watch it that doll is scary as shit. A close second would have to be the Puppet Master's Series for the Stop motion goodness.

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Trilogy of Terror's Zuni Fetish doll for sure. Scared me big time when I saw it first aired on TV as a young 'un.

15. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Child's Play. Why? It is the scariest of all.

16. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

My fave is "Dolls" . I just always really liked this movie- It is fun and cheesy while still being well done. Has a total 80's vibe to it and is one of the few horror films I can somehow call "cute" and yet be very enjoyable. So while certainly not the scariest, for a doll horror movie that I enjoy watching over and over this would be the one for me.

17. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

I first saw it when I was only five and it scared the crap out of me for many years to come. I actually had my box spring and mattress placed directly on the floor because I didn't want them crawling under my bed ready to attack at a moments notice. Therefore, my vote goes for Puppet Master

18. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Dolls for me, with Bride of Chucky, Demonic Toys, and Child's Play close behind. Dolls has always been a special movie to me. It's a great Stuart Gordon effort (and I am a huge fan of his), it's a gory little film, yet it still retains a very fairy tale like quality. It reminds me of a Guillermo Del Toro film, if he had made movies back then.Plus, I love the killer teddy bear bit at the beginning. A very underrated film, that is definitely worth a second (or third, or fourth.....) look.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  19. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Trilogy of Terror. Anyone who saw this on TV in the 70s will never forget it.

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Some great choices already mentioned, but my vote is for the Amicus horror anthology Asylum (1972). The last story in particular Mannikins Of Horror features a crazed Herbert Lom with his menacing doll creations. Patrick Magee is great in this segment too.