"Hello, Dolly!" Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Caspar2112

Caspar2112 New Member

Hopkins and Fats are MAGIC !!

I would have to say MAGIC is one movie that still makes me cringe at the face of these "Puppets"... Hopkins is clearly talented enough to make FATS come to life:eek:. A close second would have to be the ZUNI fetish Doll in TRILOGY OF TERROR. A Runner up nod would have to go to the Creepy Dummy used in Argentos SLEEPLESS.:nervous:

2. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

i cant believe no one here as mentioned Staurt Gordon's Dolls!

As much as I love Chucky and the Zuni fetish doll,the best killer doll flick is definetly Dolls..Movie had that perfect fairy tale like atmposhere,really colorful characters,for the first half the dolls are mostly just kept in the shadows,and always move just the second you turn youre head making you debate wether you saw something or not,all you hear is the faint whispering and chattering of little voices.The stop motion effects were excellent and each character just added to the to the pure brilliance of this flick.The acting was great.The dolls themselves are very creepy,the faces that they hide under the pale smiling porcelain is just stuff of pure nightmares and the poster art with the doll with the empty eye sockets holding up the eyes was just enough to send me into hysterics in the VHS horror section when I was little kid.So my vote definetly goes to Dolls,the cliffhanger at the end was just perfect.Oh and another thing..

BOY TOY!!!

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'm going to go with Trilogy of Terror. Maybe it's because the other two chapters are only so/so but once you get the Zuni it becomes a frenzy. I loved it.

4. Radnurs

Radnurs Guest

I think Dolls (1987) would have to fall at the top of my favorite killer doll movies. It was just plain creepy... And for such a low budget flick it wasn't "bad" at all. I saw it the first time earlier this year on Monsters HD before Dish Network dropped them. (drats!)

5. Spit

Spit Active Member

I remember when the Sci-Fi channel would run Puppet Master Marathons, those were good times. I think that would have to be my favorite Evil-Puppet themed series. Overall though I really think The Bride of Chucky is my new favorite Evil doll movie. Its not one for the ages, but I remember seeing it in theaters drunk off my ass with a bunch of friends and we just laughed all the way through.

I love the bit when
    Jesse asks "How did you end up like this?" and
    Chucky replies something like "Its complicated, in fact if this were a movie, it would take three or four sequels to do it justice."

6. Darkside

Darkside New Member

I will have to go with "Billy" from the Saw movies. Just something about that doll on the tricycle that freaks me out...

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Actually quite a few have before your post including me- great movie

8. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

I'm going with the atmosphere of Dolls as well. Magic and that segment from Dead of Night with the ventroliquist dummy are classic as well.

9. eiker_ir

eiker_ir New Member

Seed of Chucky because Chucky cracks me up thru the entire movie

10. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

My vote goes to Seed of Chucky. I love all of the Child's Play movies, but Seed of Chucky was so utterly twisted that I couldn't help but make it my favorite. Plus it was the only one of the five I've seen theatrically, so it holds a special place in my heart just for that.

I was also fond of Corbin Bernson's killer doll segment from Tales From The Hood, mainly because even when he's playing a KKK member, Cornin Bernson still manages to be the man.

11. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

Stuart Gordon's Dolls

12. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

oops my badi gues i shouldnt smoke chronic before coming on these boards to rant about my favorite kille doll movie huh lol

13. marcx

marcx New Member

I think I have to go with the First Child's Play--I like when it's played straight.

14. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Not sure if it counts, but Tourist Trap is definitely the creepiest!

If not, I have to go Dolls.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Child's Play with Dolls being a close second.

Pinocchio's Revenge & Dolly Dearest are pretty good too.

16. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Does Mannequin: On the Move count, since that one gave me all kinds of nightmares.

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

You mean Mannequinn starring Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall? ;)

18. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

It's the Child's Play Series for me. It's hard to pick just one because I love all of them!! They will hold a special place in my heart because the Chucky Film's were out around the time I had first started getting into Horror and it was Chucky, along with Freddy, Jason, and Michael, who was one of my first 'Classic Horror Killers' who I knew would stay with me as I became a lifelong Horror Fan.

Those growing up in the 50'S had Dracula, The Wolfman, Frankenstein, and The Mummy. We growing up in the 80'S had Freddy, Jason, Michael and Chucky!! Chucky is the Ultimate 'Killer Doll' and a Classic Horror Icon!! Plus the way the Series was continued with Bride and Seed Of Chucky was a brilliant move!! It brought Chucky back for a whole new generation of Horror Fans!!

Long Live Chucky!!

19. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

For me its Childs Play by far. I saw the original when I was around 11 or 12, and I think Chucky frequented my nightmares more than any other horror franchise character because he could so easily slip under my bed, in the closet, behind the door etc.

20. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

Poltergeist, for the inclusion of the clown doll. The movie that made me love movies.