Hellraiser 3 R1...8/8/06

Discussion in 'General' started by SamuraiNut, Apr 18, 2006.

1. SamuraiNut

SamuraiNut Guest

It's coming from Paramount on August 8th. Specs are at DVDEmpire and show it as the R-Rated cut. Runs 93 minutes. I forgot, how long is the unrated version? Anyhow, I am just glad to finally fill the gap in my collection. I know alot of people hate this one, but it has some of the best demons. Hopefully Paramount releases more horror this year. Maybe we will get Let's Scare Jessica To Death.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Got a link? I just looked and couldn't find any info. I'll bet it's bare bones being Paramount and suggest the AB UK version, which is unrated, DTS, and full of extras.
    Here's what dvdcompare has to say about the unrated version, which sums it up pefectly:

"About "Unrated" and "R-rated" versions:
    Surprisingly there is no extra gory footage in the 'Unrated' print; restored footage is of a topless dancer in the nightclub sequence early in the film, and an extended scene with Bradley and Farrell's characters at an Indian Bazaar uncovering the hiding place of the Lament Configuration and Terri is in the Boiler Room, where she witnesses a couple in love, which makes her even more lonely, Terri purchases some coffee, and looks up to see JP who says "Hey baby, glad you could make it.". In one of the dream sequences there are a couple of seconds added showing corpses, and also a couple of added close ups of corpses in the remains of the "boiler room" massacre. That's it! The extended version runs a slight 4 mins longer."

3. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

Hellraiser 3 was last useful Hellraiser in series (I don't mention Hellraiser: Inferno because it's NOT Hellraiser movie :). I already have R2 version with nice extras from Anchor Bay UK and I doubt Paramount will put anything as bonus. ;(

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I really have no interest in this one, unless some worthy bonus features actually turn up on the release, which I highly doubt. The Anchor Bay set has both the Unrated and Rated versions of the film, a slew of extras for the film, and DTS. It's good enough for me. :evil:

5. killit

killit Active Member

It'd be nice if it was the ex cut. Hellraiser:Hellworld is pretty good. the franchise is utterly bizzare

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i remember seeing hellraiser 3 region 1 or 0 on dvd at kmart was that just a cheap version?

7. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I'll get it if it's $5 or something

8. It's for sure the R-rated cut with no extras (reported by DavisDVD.com) but it will be anamorphic widescreen and here is the cover, which I think is quite cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2006
  9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i have the unrated vhs which still works good if it would of had unrated cut plus some extras i would consider getting this but anyway r-rated or not this is almost a miracle it is even getting released by paramount

now lets see if paramount will release children of the corn 2 the final sacrifice

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Meh, I have no use for this. AB UK's disc is fantastic. Paramount could learn a thing or two from them. I will give them credit for the cool cover art though.

Another one that's out in a nice edition via AB UK. Personally, I'm waiting for them to release some great stuff that isn't already on DVD like Phase IV, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Student Bodies, The Sender, The Keep, and White Dog.

11. I'd kill for Student Bodies on DVD, well not literally it was more of a pun. :)

I'll probably be getting this on DVD, I have the Lion's Gate one from Canada that has the unrated version on it, but I want the film in widescreen and I love that cover.

12. bigdaddyhorse

That Canadian dvd is the R cut as well (if it's the one that says Special Edition really big on the front, but has no extras). I used to have that one, then the Tawain version with 5.1, then the German "Red Edition", and finally the AB UK set. Only got stuck with the German disc which is the unrated version, 5.1 audio, but full frame. FF isn't so bad as the movie is positively matted to 1.85. If anyone wants it I'll let it go for a song.

13. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I don't really care if there's a buttload of extras, commentary, bells, whistles and pink poodles. All I want is Hellraiser 3, in region 1 format, on DVD. I'm excited.

14. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I've actually heard the Canadian edition is uncut even though it says it's R. Either way, I'll likely avoid this R1 release and just (finally) spring for the ultra-cool AB R2 Lament Configuration box set.

15. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

As well you should. That shit's awesome!!! I love mine! :evil:

16. bigdaddyhorse

If it's the one I'm thinking of it is positively the R cut. There may be a new unrated version though, I haven't been keeping up now that I have the AB set. Spent too much time tracking down copies of this flick so no more.:)
    If you're region free the Lament Configuration is easily the way to go. Even if you're not into extras it's the best picture and sound.

17. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Hmm.

Paramount's shitty covers are getting slightly better.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I did own the Canadian DVD before the AB-UK set came out, and it was indeed the cut version.

19. evileye

evileye Member

Too bad the ABUK uncut version is comprised of various sources (ala SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT). The shift in picture quality is distracting and I kind of wish they included the R rated version on the same disc.

The extras are nice though.

20. Curt Duncan

Curt Duncan Guest

I am going to get the new Paramount version. I am tired of looking at this region one fuckedscreen release.