Hentai Anime!!!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by thrashard76, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I like AKIRA, but I didn't even like VAMPIRE HUNTER D, so I'm not gonna bother with any other stuff.

2. jeffschmidt

jeffschmidt Guest

Yes, Cool Devices is definitely hardcore; I'm thinking of putting my box set up for trade soon, so keep an eye out if you're into filthy cartoons :D

And to all who say they don't like anime, you just haven't found anything you like yet. There's tons out there, so give different things a try every now & then. Akira & Vampire Hunter D are not the be-all & end-all of anime.

Some of my current (non-hentai) faves:
    Fist of the North Star
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Berserk
    Hellsing

As for hentai, I just saw Mezzo Forte & thought it was pretty good. Also I like the Twin Dolls/Angels series. They are basically all the same though...

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, you beat me to it, Jeff

Saying you watched Vampire Hunter D and deciding you don't like Anime is like saying you watched Friday the 13th and deciding you don't like horror.

There's so many different types of anime out there it's unbelievable. And for horror, definitely check out Perfect Blue.

Other stuff off the top of my head.

Cowboy Bebop - Cool space adventure with bounty hunters
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Funny space adventure, similar to Martian Successor Nadesico, which is also quite funny
    A Wind Named Amnesia - Interesting movie, sort of like The Stand
    Castle of Cagliostro (or any Lupin III) - fantastic adventure film...think a mix of James Bond/Indiana Jones
    Spirited Away - great fantasy, coming soon to US theatres
    Ninja Scroll - great martial arts movie...very violent
    Serial Experiments: Lain - 100% mindf**k
    Princess Nine - story of a girls' baseball team. Better than it sounds
    Slayers - a bit goofy, but a funny swords-and-sorcery adventure (comes on Wednesday and Sunday nights on International Channel)

4. Jog

Jog Guest

Mezzo Forte writer/director/designer/animation director/probably paint-mixer Yasuomi Umetsu is one of my favorite anime persons of all time! He's certainly the best Hentai director around (Kite is his best) though he's done a lot of mainstream stuff too...

5. jeffschmidt

jeffschmidt Guest

Is it even possible to get ahold of completely uncut/uncensored versions of either Kite or Mezzo Forte? I've heard from many people that even the "Director's Cut" versions of these are, in fact, missing material.

Or am I full of it and the Director's Cuts are truly uncut?

6. Jog

Jog Guest

LONG story time...

First and foremost... Mezzo Forte is available totally uncut, though there is a cut version in most stores. Be sure to look for the uncut version if you want it all.

Now Kite... well. In the original Japanese release (which I believe was on a series of 3 twenty-minute dvds... those crazy Japanese!), there was flashback to the lead character's childhood that featured some... "very special footage". Footage that would get folks thrown in jail for a good amount of time if the characters were real people. I suspect Umetsu wanted to go for total shock value with these few seconds of film (and the scene in which the footage appears is CLEARLY intended to be sickening, NOT arousing). These seconds have been removed from every subsequent version of the film, US, Japanese, or otherwise, and Umetsu is quite ok with it. You can find these frames on the internet if you REALLY want to...

The history of Kite in the US is convoluted indeed. The original US VHS release was totally shorn of all sex footage, with no warning on the box of such alterations. The original dvd release was the same, though it MIGHT say on the case that the film is edited. A new VHS and dvd release was then released, with all footage restored, save for the infamous frames. The uncut dvd has no extras, oddly, while the cut dvd has a few treats. Very odd.

7. Hurtya

Hurtya Guest

Hrmm.. Hentai..... Never understand why so many people would rather watch a cartoon chick then some real chick with her stumps up. Pretty perverted to me. BUT oh well whatever floats your boat :)

8. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Hey Paff...you see Boogiepop Phantom? I think it's more of a mindfuck than Lain.:)

Almost forgot...99.99999% of hentai is garbage. Gives anime a bad name. :mad:

Later all...

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I have the first Boogiepop DVD. Only watched one episode, and it didn't quite grab me. I'll have to give it another look when I have the time and $$$ to view the whole series.
    Right now I'm finishing up The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Series, then I'm gonna watch the OVAs. After that I might give Blue Seed a viewing.

Oh, and Hurtya, if you think Hentai is perverted, you're right!
    "hentai" is Japanese for "pervert"