His Name Was Jason 3 disc dvd coming Feb 3rd 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Nov 8, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Anchorbay is releasing a 3 disc documentary according to
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/his-name-was-jason-dvd-february-3rd

feb 3rd should be called friday the 13th day

newline's jason slasher collection which no one will probably pick up
    friday the 13th uncut deluxe edition dvd
    friday the 13th part 2 deluxe edition dvd
    friday the 13th part 3 deluxe edition dvd which is in 3D and will include 4 3D glasses
    friday the 13th uncut blu-ray
    now his name was jason 3 disc from anchor bay and

friday the 13th the series season 2 coming feb 10th according to
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10740351

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  2. rhett

rhett Administrator

Wow, what a week. I'm kind of bummed about 2 & 3 not being in HD though. Especially a movie like 3, if they are indeed showing it 3D, it could really benefit from that extra resolution to make the effect work. Hopefully we get those in Blu-ray soon after.

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Awesome.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I was inititally going to hold off on getting the new SE's of 2 & 3 and wait until blu-ray versions came out, but if 3 is really in 3D then I might just have to bite the bullet and buy it.

February is going to be great month for Friday the 13th fans.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Are these announcements really that great, (Friday 1 for blu-ray and non region free DVD owners possibly), But really 2 and 3 are not uncut so paramount fuck the fans yet again, people should really be boycotting these releases and telling them exactly what we want, or we are going to be taken for granted all the time, if people keep buying what they decide to give us we will never get what we want, so for me, as I already own the Hong Kong uncut DVD release of part 1 (which is actually region 1 + 3 encoded), these DVD's can rot in a bargain bin!

6. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

There's already an uncut part 1 in other regions (I own the SE uncut region 2), and i'm f*cking pissed they're releasing part 2 and 3 without the uncut treatment. Only good thing is part 3 in 3D. I want to see the complete spear scene!

7. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

I'm pretty excited - definately be picking up the uncut and Deluxe editions (even though I already own the Region 3 uncut version DVD of Friday 1) and E-S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y the His Name Is Jason doc!

But I'm hoping against hope that the 3D version of Friday 3 is NOT crapped out into the cheap blue/red imaging that we'll probably end up getting. I own the Japanese CIC 3D release which uses electronic shutter glasses to view (modestly priced on Ebay!) and it kicks ass. The only reason I'd be into upgrading is the clarity of picture (the CIC is very muddy).

hots4, I feel ya man. I keep wanting to say that Paramount is putting real effort into these Friday's, but they're still just re-issuing previously available stuff. It's a step in the right direction... but only to cash in on the upcoming remake. Paramount keeps fucking us in the moneyhole.

8. Korngold

Korngold New Member

It kinda pisses me off that if part 3 is coming to blu-ray then why should I buy the regular dvd release?:mad:

And if part 3 dvd doesn't do well I imagine that means it's less likely to come out.

9. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Wow, three discs. I'm more excited about the Jason doc than the deluxe editions. I will get Part 3 since it'll be in 3-D.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That doc sounds good but I'll pass on the 3 movies at least until they release uncut versions.

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I was under the impression that the uncut footage from Parts 2 and 3 was lost forever. Anybody know?

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

What if that footage is just gone? Forever. We will never see it. I'm not saying Paramount didn't fuck the fans over in 1981-1982 when they didn't know their little slasher money maker was going to be a cultural phenomenon, but damn give them credit for at least trying to right many of the wrongs they have committed towards the series.

13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I would love to know what extras are going to be on those Deluxe Editions (and, is deluxe a word meaning: 2nd-rate to our Special Collector's Edition line??). I want Deluxe Edition on ALL 8 Paramount movies. But I'll buy 2 & 3 if Steve Miner's involved in the bonuses for both.

I have NO IDEA what's going to be on this 3-disc HNWJ doc, but if it's even HALF of what Anchor did for the Halloween 2-disc, I'm on the moon right now. Very excited about that disc.

14. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Maybe the uncut footage for 2 and 3 are included as special features

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing as Grim. I would not be surprised if all the deleted footage no longer exists for any of the Friday films aside from Part 1. I mean, these films were made to simply make money. Directors had no idea that 25+ years later that they'd be released as special editions on a format called "DVD". They simply had no idea, and the footage was probably scrapped. I mean sure, maybe it does still exist, but I'm willing to place strong bets that the footage was scrapped or lost completely. And honestly, I wouldn't expect Paramount to go searching through their vaults for it. (If it's even there.)

Happy to see F13th is coming out on blu, though. And uncut. I really wanna know whether they're gonna be releasing the sequels on blu as well, because Parts 2 and 3 are getting deluxe editions. If they have new transfers (part 1 certainly will) that'll be a tell-tale sign that they'll eventually release the sequels on blu-ray.

~Matt

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'll be picking up the new doc for sure!!!

I already have the R2 uncut of the 1st film and a disc of the 3-D version of Part 3 (I think it's from the Japanese LD or something); I also haven't gone HD yet so these re-re-re-releases don't interest me very much without "uncut" status.

17. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Kinda funny how Anchor Bay is releasing this even though they've never released a F13 movie.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Sweet!

20. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Definitely picking up that doc. I wish they would release the first Friday seperately though, i have yet to get an uncut version of it.

The 3d thing doesn't seem like it's gonna work out all that well, more of a gimmick than anything.