His Name Was Jason 3 disc dvd coming Feb 3rd 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Cuz Sleepaway Camp sucks. :D

Nah I'm kidding. I love it too, but it's a TERRIBLE movie lmao.

~Matt

2. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Well they did Halloween, now F13, which leaves NOES left (of the big 3). Hell, I'd love to see these kind of documentaries on all the major horror franchises.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It was mentioned on Fangoria that a NOES doco was on the way.:D

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I was kind of insulted that it's only $5 in movie cash. That's definitely lower than what they used to give us with these free tickets and that was when ticket prices were lower! Ticket prices go higher, movie cash goes lower.:rolleyes:

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I am not sure how many copies my local Best Buy received, but at 9:30 A.M. Central Time yesterday, I ordered all 3 movies and the His Name is Jason Documentary, for Store Pick-Up. I picked the up after work, and just before I went to the Customer Service counter, I looked, and all 3 were gone and only 1 copy of His Name Was Jason was left. I just looked at Best Buy's website, and they are unavailabe at our store in Lee's Summit. I am so glad I had them hold it for Pick-Up. I had a strange feeling that there wasn't going to be very many copies available, because I was at Best Buy this past weekend, and they don't carry much horror titles anymore. I pretty much have been going to Amazon.com. I just ordered 2 DVD's of Season 4 and 5 of Emergency. I ordered it on a Thursday, and did there Super Saver Shipping (Free Shipping). I received both seasons 4 days later. I received them January 26th, and Amazon.com said the expected shipping date was January 29th. Anytime I order more than $25.00 worth of DVDs, I am using Amazon. I have had the best experience with Amazon.com, but I went with Best Buy to get the DVDs, because I wanted them yesterday.

6. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

The movie cash you got was $5? Mine was for $10 (purchased at walmart). I thought they would all be $10. Wonder what the deal is...

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

mine is also $10

8. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

As is mine.

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Mine is $10 as well (from Wally). Just opened it to make sure the sticker wasn't lying, and it is for $10. They didn't have this at Best Buy, but the ones at Target said they only had $5 movie cash in them.
    Nowhere in town has part 3, parts 1 and 2 are everywhere in plenty, no movie cash in any of those. The Walmart box of the 3 New Line Jason's had a $5 ticket.

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The one that I purchased at Best Buy was for $5.00. I will take anything I can get. I was going to see it anyway. At a Tattoo parlor in the town I live in, on Friday the 13th Only, they will do anything that is relating to Jason/Friday the 13th for $13.00 each. I will be getting a Jason Hockey Mask Tattoo, and underneath, I will be getting Friday the 13th, with a little knife with blood dripping off of the number 1, and a little pool of blood. These 2 tattoos will make a total of 7 tattoos.

11. bigdaddyhorse

So weird that different stores have different moviecash coupons. I wonder if it is even store by store, or maybe disc by disc. Those who don't have this set yet, read the samll print on the movie money sticker on front. Sounds like what it says on the bottom of that is what everyone has been getting.

12. Looks like I'll have to stop at the few Walmarts I pass on the way home to see if they still have any left then return my BB copy.

13. Zombie Dude

So is this 'movie money' only valuable to American's, or (if I buy the doco) will I be able to use this little bonus here in Aus too?

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

U.S. only

15. Zombie Dude

:( Thought so.

16. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

This was a great little documentary, but more on the entertaining side rather than the informative side. The majority of the 90 minute runtime is taken up by cast, crew and "celebrity" fans talking about what they love about the films. Think of it as VH-1's I Love Friday the 13th and you'll get the picture. The little info that is revealed is just re-hashed anecdotes from Peter Bracke's excellent Crystal Lake Memories. In fact, this is basically a companion piece to that book, much like the Going to Pieces documentary was to its respectable tome. If you're a fan of the series, you've probably already read the books and watched everything you could. This is just a fun, entertaining 90 minutes of Friday the 13th goodness. It's only really ruined by the bit dedicated to the remake. Not that I'm against the remake (actually looking forward to it), it's just that it seems out of place here.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

I went to Walmart but they were sold out. Picked one up at Best Buy for $15.00 and got the $5.00 movie cash, which is fine. I may go to a matinee to get it and that is only $4.75.

Fun documentary. I always enjoy seeing the cast all these years later. I also enjoyed the Angry Video Game bit where they rip apart the NES Friday the 13th game. I remember playing that a lot but it did in fact suck pretty bad.

18. bigdaddyhorse

That may've been the best part, too bad the full rant/review wasn't on there. I recall playing the fuck out of that game and didn't even realize how bad it sucked until years later.:lol:
    I still have it somewhere in the basement, but I can't find the box.:(

Also love seeing the cast now. Most of the ladies are still looking damn good, esp. after doing the math on em.

19. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I just saw that my name are in the credits.Thats fucking awesome.I sent Anthony Masi a copy of my extended/uncut/hybrid (im not sure what to call it) part 4 and 5.They didnt show any of it in the movie though.Still pretty neat.

sean

20. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

The Friday the 13th episode of the Angry Video Game Nerd was probably my favorite, if just because I remember how goddamn stupid that game was and he trashed it for all the best reasons.

I STILL play that game from time to time, though. I know it's crappy and everything, but it's a huge nostalgia thing for me.