His Name Was Jason 3 disc dvd coming Feb 3rd 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I did enjoy the docu also.I wish they would have included a section on the MPAA and the cuts that the Friday films were subjected too.It was badd ass!

sean

2. Dave

Dave Pimp

"And what's with the green astroturf on the cabin floors?"

3. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Got this in the post today(live in the UK) probably the best and only friday documentary they'll ever be. If you've read Crystal Lake Memories and Making friday the 13th then thats not much new hear but its nice to hear/see it from the people instead of just reading.

Was nice to see Danny stieneman talking about Part V even if it was breif, agree with the above could off done with a section on the fridays and the MPAA as its only very lightly touched upon. Could of done with Carl Fullerton interview aswell so he could discuss some of the infamous cut stuff from part II and weather he still has the cut footage he did back in 1991.

4. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Shelley Lives was awesome.

5. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Bought it at WalMart this weekend for $9.99 and got the $10 coupon inside. I've only watched disc 1 so far but this is what I got from it:

- Samantha from Part 4 is still hot.

- Richard Brooker (Jason from Part 3) referred to the Detroit Red Wings as the Detroit Islanders (which I didn't care for since I'm a hardcore hockey fan).

- Seeing the Angry Video Game Nerd made me happy. I was wondering if he'd get a mention on this disc prior to seeing it and I was surprised when I saw him. I still have the game too, just part of the collection.

- They mention Jason on South Park and the Simpsons and show the clips but no mention of his appearance on Family Guy (one of my favorite spoofs of him) and they even have Seth Green on there. C'mon! Haha.

Eh, that's all I can think of for now.

6. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Oh yeah, there was one other thing I didn't like. I saw a representative from all the major horror websites on there except this one. That blows!

7. rot

rot New Member

I don't regret buying this as it does have the $5 movie-cash (I bought it on-line), but what a useless piece of fluff this "documentary" is. The only appeal is to see what everyone looks like today, but how long can you listen to some obscure actress from Part 7 or whatever babbling on about how cool it was to run away from Jason, or how she wishes her hair wasn't so frizzy. The whole structure of the doc is all over the place, too, randomly jumping from one film to the other where it soon gets very tiring. Still, there's about 10 minutes of interesting tidbits in it if you can stay awake.

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I finally got around to watching this via Netflix streaming. Since the title of this thread indicates that there was a 3 disc DVD set, maybe I saw a fragment of the entire documentary. It was just over an hour. Perhaps my expectations were too high after the Never Sleep Again and the Autopsy of the Dead docs, but I was very disappointed. I agree with the post by Rot completely. I didn't learn anything about the series. 1/4 of the doc is spent hyping up the remake which sucked anyway! They gathered all of those actors and directors and said nothing. I would love to see another attempt at documenting this series.

9. dayglo

dayglo Member

The best thing about this set is the second disc with all the extended interviews. The main "documentary" is extremely lacking.

10. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I'm hoping one maybe Peter Bracke can make a doc off the book which would cool.

11. dayglo

dayglo Member

Crystal Lake Memories is the best F13 resource available.

12. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I agree

13. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

It's hard to believe that His Name was Jason and Never Sleep Again were both done by the same person. Never Sleep Again was one of the most exhaustive A to Z documentaries I have ever seen. I'm hard pressed to think of a single aspect of the series that was untouched. It was pretty much flawless whereas His Name was Jason just seemed like a half assed fleeting Cliff Note of the Friday series.

14. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Agreed.

As well as an excuse to just praise T&A and shoot some new segments for no good reason while Tom Savini is playing the "oh yeah, you wish you were me right now" horror-Hugh Hefner.

15. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

There is the possibility that the person who did the docs is a nightmare fan & just did the Friday one for the money or Paramount wouldn't help them out cause they were in the middle of doing their deluxe edtions & wanted to keep it all for themselves.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Am I the only one that thinks Paramount should sell the rights to the franchise to Shout Factory?

17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

They need to be sold alright. I suggest Image. They'd do the series justice.

18. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I'd love to see that, but unfortunately it'd never happen cause as much as Paramount hates the series it's too much of a cash cow.

19. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I just bought the three blu-rays because I'm afraid Paramount is done with this series. I had been holding out for an Ultimate box set, but I didn't want to miss out on these three should they go oop. Paramount hasn't really embraced blu-rays, so I bought 48hrs sooner than i wanted as well (despite its retched transfer).