His Name Was Jason 3 disc dvd coming Feb 3rd 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I've seen 4-8 at Big Lots in the last few months, but my local BL only had a copy or 2 of 7 and 8 last time I was there. Of course, my local BL sucks massive moose-cock, so you'll probably be fine. If in SE Michigan, don't go to Ypsi Big Lots!

2. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I'm a fellow metro Detroiter w/ a driving job that takes me all over. Why should I avoid the Ypsi BL? Just a bad selection, or is the place totally ghetto?

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I know. But I like to treat my mind with things that make me happy ;)

It'd be nice if Paramount just sold the films to a company that would give us a high end bluray set. I don't see why Paramount haven't even done something like that with Friday the 13th yet. There's as much a fan base for Friday out there as there is for Alien, so who's the smart guy who's keeping such a set from happening? It doesn't make sense.
    :lol: I think that might be dreaming a little too big.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Both. I still go there more than others just cuz others are too far, but if I have to go to Livonia or Garden City area, the store there was so much better in selection and overall feel.
    Every once in a while I find good stuff in Ypsi, but when those Warner boxsets were showing up at BL, I had to go Livonia to find anything besides Dukes of Hazzard. I'd estimate when a thread pops up about this or that dvd appearing at other BL, I can find them here a little less than half the time. In my few trips to other stores, much better percentage.

Most of the employees are at least nice here, but they are slow. 90% of the time it's one register open, and it is in a lower income part of town so I always get behind people price checking shit. I estimate 5-10 minutes per person in line in front of me, so there have been times where I've seen a dvd I kinda wanted, but not enough to wait 15-20 to pay for.

I guess it's worth poking in and looking around if you're there anyway, just don't expect much. I have still never seen any blu-ray there, but read about them in other locations.

5. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

That would be awesome I would buy it in a heartbeat.