Hitchcock's The Birds (1963)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by cazzasguy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. cazzasguy

cazzasguy Member

One of our UK television companies recently aired this masterpiece in HD - at 1.45 on a Monday morning! I don't possess the equipment to record such broadcasts, and as I often have difficulty sleeping anyway because of a nightmare job, stayed up to watch it.

I must have seen the film at least fifteen times over the years but was blown away by the enhanced picture quality. Bodega Bay seemed like a whole new world! Does anyone know if there is a Blu imminent? If the transfer is taken from the negative/print used by Channel 4 it will be amazing.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Universal confirmed it's coming, revealing that it will very much get the same first class treatment as Psycho did along with the rest of their Hitchcock catalog, and so it's been on pre-order over at Amazon US for almost year now I'm guessing. Wish I had a link to Universal so that I could quote it.

They showed a HD print over the air here on the local Chicago station and it was indeed an excellent looking transfer; that's without the benefit of hopefully higher bits available on Blu-ray.

It seems to me the longer we wait for The Birds the longer we have to wait for Vertigo, so get your asses in gear Universal! :D

3. Zombie Keeper

Zombie Keeper New Member

This is great news! The Birds on Blu-ray. Psycho is hands-down one of the finest Blu-rays available, at least in terms of visual pleasures. I can only image The Birds will get the same treatment.

4. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Looking forward to this