Hobgoblins 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

imdb.com

:eek1:

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:lol: Awesome!!!

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Is this the same Hobgoblins that was used as MST3000 ammo?

4. Katatonia

Trailer!

Has anyone seen the full film yet? :eek2:

5. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I saw this trailer awhile back, and I almost shit my pants! I actually rented this vid a lot as a kid, and liked it to the point of actually buying the renter-copy when my local video rental place sold it.

That said, as a huge MST3K fan, I LOVED it when they watched it, and bought that version on DVD when it was released as well.

I just love that, in the trailer for the sequel, they USE the "Hobgoblins song" from the MST3K episode. Shows that Sloan and crew have a sense of humor.

A running joke among my friends for YEARS was, after seeing some of the goofy "special sales" that guys like Fred Olen Ray had, that we wanted to call up Rick Sloan and offer to buy a hobgolbin, because we were SURE that he still had them in his garage somewhere :D

Turns out we were right!:p

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Comes out June 23rd,
    http://www.hepcatdistribution.com/prodDetail.cfm?item=MIW000830

I wonder if we'll see a Rifftrack. :D

We also get a 20th Anniversary Edition of the original:
    http://www.hepcatdistribution.com/prodDetail.cfm?item=MIW000829

BTW, I was watching the Ghostbusters cartoon episode 'Don't Tease the Sleaze' and there was a "Club Sleaze" run by three grade school kids which was nearly identical with "Club Scum" from Hobgoblins! I should try and e-mail the writers of that episode, see if they were inspired by Hobgoblins or not.

7. About this movie....Can we say bargain cut-out bins, boys & girls? lol

8. Katatonia

Whoa, awesome! I knew that Hobgoblins was getting a new release, but I'm dying to see the sequel!

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Anyone checked this out yet?

I watched it last night, speedily at 1.5 fast forward, and I was pleasantly surprised by how bad it wasn't. Dare I say I was entertained? At first it comes out with guns seemingly blazing but only firing off a bunch of blanks. Once the plot details are all crammed in, it settles down. Some of the jokes are admittedly funny and those that aren't will make you shake your head in shame (as intended).

In a lot of ways Rick Sloane has spruced up the original execution. No longer are we subjected to scenes that go on forever; now many are probably shorter than the longer shots from Hobgoblins. There's a lot more going on in the script and the production levels are much higher. Some scenes are overexposed with whiter-than-white video problems that often crop up, but these scenes are short. The only place it took an extreme nose dive was with the acting. Believe it or not, the acting is worse in this follow up. As stupid as they were in the original, this cast seems more like they were hijacked from daycare and kept up past nap time. Perhaps it can help you to appreciate how understated the original crew was.

As extras they had some interviews with the original cast. Tamara Clatterbuck, who played the original Fantazia, is smoking hot! She looks like a shemale in Hobgoblins! Now I wouldn't even use MILF to describe her fresh look. She's had an extensive resume since; almost wonder where she found the time to do this retrospective.

Definitely still just a rental though. I'd still reach only for the MST3k'ed original for my regular cheese fix.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  10. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I actually bought it the week it came out, watched it once, and then it hit the shelf. I just didn't think it had the charm of the original.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just found a sealed copy of this in my closet. Even more surprising, when I looked it up on Amazon, it's selling for $80!

The first movie is hilarious, curious how the sequel is? I see two reviews here, but does anyone else want to throw in their two cents?

I love that the security label on top says "Hobgoblins 2: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You!"

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I just saw it on eBay selling for about that much. No takers. I was watching it because if it went for anywhere close to that I'd probably sell mine.

I've still got the new Blu-ray of Hobgoblins I haven't checked out yet. Once the holidays are done I should do a double feature.