Horror Express

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Horrorphilly, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Is it me, or are these old Cushing and Lee movies awesome? Mabey its because I just started watching them.I really enjoyed HE,the monster was pretty cool and who the monster was I couldnt tell till the end of the film.It was shocking to see Kojack in the film also.It was bad ass for sure!

Sean

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Yeah, I'd have to say that Horror Express is one of the best films to effectively team up Peter Cushing and Chris Lee. For a small budget, this film really entertains and surprises. The soundtrack is creepy too. I regret not buying the Euroshock dvd release from Image, which is now out of print. I have a lousy public domain dvd of Horror Express.

Telly Savalas is awesome! I love when he offends one of the passengers, who threatens to have him deported to Siberia and he just fires back with "Lady, I am from Siberia!" Watch Savalas in Lisa and the Devil if you want to see him in another classic horror role from the same era.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Great movie...another one of those you could find on virtually every VHS label back in the day. It was actually one of the very first tapes (and one of the very first DVDs) that I ever bought.

4. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Great movie. I was pretty obsessed with it as a little kid in the early 70's. I used to pore over an issue of Monster Times (or maybe it was Famous Monsters) that had a Horror Express photo spread. It wasn't till a few years later that I was finally able to see the movie on TV. Things were tough back in the days before VHS and DVD!

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm a fan of this as well. Glad I got the Image disc.

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

An old favorite of mine,and another great pairing of old friends Cushing and Lee.
    Nice little trivia note: Cushing signed to do this film (one of his rare horror films not shot in England) not long after his wife passed away.Still deeply depressed,he told Christopher Lee upon his arrival in Spain that he felt like he should bow out of the film,and planned to tell the producer that he wanted to go home at dinner that night (he and Lee were having dinner with the producer that evening).Lee,knowing that Cushing truly needed something to busy himself with (rather than sit in his empty home and brood about his wife) ended up monopolizing the conversation through the whole meal,telling endless stories about the good times he and Peter had had making many films together.Cushing never got the chance to quit.As the dinner drew to a close,Lee smiled at Cushing and said "So,I'll see you tomorrow,alright Peter ?".Cushing smiled knowingly at him,knowing what Lee had done and why he had done it."Yes",he said,smiling,''I'll see you tomorrow." The shoot helped Cushing push aside his dispair and the film turned into a major cult favorite.
    I always found Cushing and Lee's friendship to be quite touching.

7. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I still am a fan to this day. I loved this movie sense I was a kid too. It's not scary or violent at all. Yet it has such an eerie atmosphere that is so effective. This is the perfect movie to watch on a rainy night.