Horror Filmmakers?

Discussion in 'General' started by cenobiteuk, Feb 4, 2007.

1. cenobiteuk

cenobiteuk Guest

How many of us on are here have made a horror film or wrote a horror film?

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have. Written two feature length horror scripts, and made a couple of horror shorts. One of the scripts I wrote about two years ago, so I'm planning on going back to that one, re-writing it and resurrecting it, and possibly shoot it sometime late this year, or next year.

I had written it for a guy in the States, he had contacted me over one of the forums I had posted on and asked if I would write him a script (he had read I had done it before) because his friend's script was crap. So he gave me a outline and character list and I sent him back a first draft 4 days later. He was supposedly filming it 2 years ago, but I never have heard anything back from him since, and from the research around the net, nothing related to my script or plot-wise has been shot, so I'm gonna shoot it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I've made a couple of shorts, but they both suck. :D

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I've made 6 short films so far. My first one was made in 1992 and has just been put up on YouTube. It's a horror spoof that is really, really dumb. Some people find it hilarious, you decide.

Grab a beer and click this link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGXZzKA2rao

my more recent shorts are a little more professional to say the least, but you gotta start somewhere..... ;-)

5. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

What do you mean?! I loved that film of yours ... Slow Circus, wasn't it called that? :D

I've been doing short films with my friend for a few years, of varying quality and success. Currently I'm doing a fun little project that's taken forever to finish. It didn't really help much when my hard drive crashed two weeks ago, so everything I had edited was lost. Have to start again from scratch :( But in a way, it's kind of liberating. Makes you see the film from a different angle. I'll be sure to let you all know when it's finished :D

6. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Me, me, me! ;)

I am currently Producing a feature length horror film that will be directed by your very own Mcchrist. It's called Jessicka Rabid. I will also star, and am the casting director. The story is mine, but he is writing the script. I have actually written half of a script that is a true story of something that happened to me when I was little. I kinda got writer's block, but I will be producing 2-3 movies this year (most of them horror I think) so it will probably get made. I was associate producer, choreographer, and star of Goat Sucker (2005) Aside from that, I have acted in 3 movies last year (Gimme Skelter, Poultrygeist, and All the French are Whores. ) And this year I have lined up Demon Doll, Virgin Murders, a couple of shorts, and I am attached to Hershell Gordon Lewis' script called Gore Gore Gourmet.I am also the lead in "Katie" which is about the bell witch in the South. I just got offered a part in Pot Zombies 2. From Troma. Of course! I have some other movies that I will not mention until I get an official word. I'm also hosting my own Horror Show"The Elske McCainsaw Massacre" that will premiere in a couple months where I review movies, interview "celebrities", show behind the scenes, and aim to help other film makers. I look to target the indie horror scene. Yes I am very busy. ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  7. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

And busty!

8. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Represent! :lol:

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yep, that's it! It is awful but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Here's the link on YouTube if any of you want to see it.

And here's my second short, too. ;)

10. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
  11. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

I just finished watching your first short (will get around to watching the second one much later as I'm on dialup) and I have to say it's not bad. It's obviously a raw and quick attempt, but I like some of the ideas going on in it. The reversed music was really cool but overused, also I dig alot of the camera angles...really effective and not overthetop artsy or whatever. Some of the edits were rather bad though, but I seriously think you have potential.

...and I'm concerned about your unhealthy obsession with mirrors :)

good job dude!

12. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

If anybody is interested in seeing me and Matt's film "All the French are Whores". It's showing for a limited time over at my website elskemccain.com
    It's in the forums in the Movies section. The thread is called "All the French are Whores." Haha. There is some nudity and violence and it is 30+ minutes long so make sure you bring popcorn.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Thanks! :lol:

I used the reversed music because the film was a project for school and I was worried about copyright infringement. It IS a bit overdone but I don't think the score turned out too badly, all things considered. I was using an unfamiliar program to do the editing and I had a quickly-approaching deadline, which is why some of the edits are choppy and that's also why the sound is way off in places.

And I do find mirrors fascinating... just not when I'm in front of them. :nervous:

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Although I watch more horror than anything else all the shorts I've made are non-horror. I wrote a zombie short that's just straight action comedy so I don't think that counts. I've written one horror short script, that's about a werewolf which is even weirder because I don't usually like werewolf movies.

I'm working on pre-production right now with my lead actor over a new script. He keeps telling me to write horror but I tell him back I've got nothing, everything I imagine is just bizarre fantasy.

15. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I've done two shorts. More black comedy than horror though, but I'm planning to try and make the next one straight horror.

My YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/bwanatheclown

16. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I've directed a handful of horror shorts and written several that others directed.Some of these have been shown at small festivals,a college campus and on public access television.I've appeared in a few professional shorts as well(I'm typcast on film as a sadistic bastard,in real life I'm a lovable prick).