Horror or Not? Part 5

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Jun 7, 2013.

?

Horror or Not? Part 5

1. Repulsion - YES

33.3%
  2. Repulsion - NO

38.9%
  3. The Hitcher (2007) - YES

50.0%
  4. The Hitcher (2007) - NO

22.2%
  5. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein - YES

27.8%
  6. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein - NO

44.4%
  7. Joy Ride (2001) - YES

66.7%
  8. Joy Ride (2001) - NO

11.1%
  9. Dark Shadows (2012) - YES

11.1%
  10. Dark Shadows (2012) - NO

55.6%
  11. Black Swan (2010) - YES

38.9%
  12. Black Swan (2010) - NO

44.4%
  13. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - YES

22.2%
  14. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - NO

61.1%
  15. Dark Angel (1990) - YES

16.7%
  16. Dark Angel (1990) - NO

38.9%
  17. Fire in the Sky - YES

5.6%
  18. Fire in the Sky - NO

66.7%
  19. Blue Sunshine - YES

55.6%
  20. Blue Sunshine - NO

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Okay I lied, one more!

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

No problem with your Horror or Not? polls at all.

But maybe they would be better suited in the Reader Poll section. Imo spawningblue, you should ask Paff to move them to that section.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm fine with that. I'm sure in the next few hours they will be off the main page anyway, as most seem to be just quickly voting and moving on which is fine. Is there a way to move them, or do I need a MOD to do that?

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I think you have to ask one of the mods.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Repulsion - I remember being slightly disappointed with this one as it didn't have enough horror elements in it to me. It felt more like a character study, so because of that I said no. The Tenant would have probably been a more interesting choices, but even then I may still have said no.

The Hitcher (2007) - This version is a lot harder to decide on than the original as it focuses as much on the action as it does on the horror. In the end I went with horror but it really could go either way.

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein - Even though it is a comedy, it includes most of the Universal monsters. And even though they are played more for laughs than scares I still feel like it is a horror-comedy.

Joy Ride (2001) - Like Duel in the previous poll, this one definitely is to me.

Dark Shadows (2012) - This was another hard choice, although I ultimately said no. It has a lot of horror characters/ elements, but never feels like it's trying to scare you. Also it is full of comedy. Again though, I could go either way on this one. I said yes to Abbott, no to this so who knows?

Black Swan (2010) - I said yes, although I remember coming out being disappointed that it didn't feel more like a horror film. Like Repulsion before it it is more of a character study, bit I feel this one is shot more with scares in mind and really wants to disturb you.

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark - I said no even though it is chock full of horror characters. Like Dark Shadows to me it feels more like a comedy then a horror film.

Dark Angel (1990) - I haven't seen this and it doesn't sound like a horror film to me, but since Scream is releasing it I thought I would throw it up here to see what others that have seen it think.

Fire in the Sky - I said no, even though this film is very scary. I don't know why but I look at aliens different than other monsters. It's almsot like it's own genre to me, even though sometimes their paths cross (Alien, Altered, ect.). I wonder if The Fourth Kind would have been a better option?

Blue Sunshine - I said yes, since it is about a drug that makes people go crazy and murder people. It doesn't always feel like a horror film though so this decision was a little difficult.