Horror Streaming Screambox vs Shudder etc

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Oct 12, 2015.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

To be fair I was experiencing a similar problem using the Shudder app on my Roku before I switched to AMC+ on Apple TV. The only way I was ever able to see everything that Shudder had available was to use the app on my phone.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Actually, scratch that. Shudder on the AMC app is a severely limited selection. There are a ton of movies on Shudder that I can’t access. Fuck.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Picked up and really enjoyed creepshow season 2 on DVD. Any idea when season 3 comes out on disc?

4. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Joe Bob Ruins Christmas was the first Joe Bob special that's come on since I signed up for AMC+. I thought it would be on there Saturday, but I didn't see it show up until this morning. Sunday morning probably isn't the ideal time for most people to watch a late night drive-in themed show, but I was fine with it because it usually takes me a couple hours to decide what to do or watch on Sundays anyway. Plus, it's easier to just watch the Joe Bob parts if I'm not into the movie their showing because I can fast forward. It worked out today because I got to skip the first movie Ice Cream Man, which is a movie I think kind of sucks and jump right into the second movie Gator Bait which I thought was actually quite good. It wasn't a movie I was ever particularly interested in watching and I might not have ever seen it if not for Joe Bob.

So far the $2 a month deal is working out okay for me, they might be missing some movies (hard to really check because the app kinda sucks), but I already own most of the older movies Shudder gets, so I'm mostly in it for Joe Bob and the newer releases anyway.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

The Last Drive In usually isn't up for streaming till the Sunday following the airing.

As for Shudder, once again, they're showing a movie I bought recently only because it wasn't available for me to stream or rent (Shudder, Netflix, Netflix DVD/Blu). A few weeks ago it was Just Before Dawn, this week it's Devil Times Five.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

How did Gator Bait look? I have the DVDs of the first two from a few years back, but wondering if maybe it finally got a nice HD transfer.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

it was 4x3, if that tells you anything.

CPT HOOK and Katatonia like this.
  8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

If it's still with the Sebastians and licensed from them, then that's not too much of a surprise.