Horror Video Game Franchises

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Nov 6, 2010.

?

What Horror Video Game Franchise do you want to see as a Movie?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2010.
  1. Castlevania

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Ghosts'n Goblins

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Splatterhouse

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Duke Nukem

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Phantasmagoria

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. D

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Parasite Eve

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Clock Tower

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  9. Left 4 Dead

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Dead Rising

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  11. F.E.A.R.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. Other

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  13. Video games? Kid's stuff!

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  14. Like games, don't need a movie.

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

We've seen a few horror video game franchises leap to the big screen with the likes of Resident Evil, Silent Hill and of course the Ewe Bolliverse...what other horror franchise would you like to see make the leap from video game to movie?

2. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Castlevania for sure. Cant believe it hasn't been done yet.

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Although Left 4 Dead is my favorite game on the list, I feel it has been done many times over. I went with F.E.A.R. just because the plot is pretty unique and has not been done to death.

4. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Other- Condemned: Criminal Origins. Fucking scariest video game I've ever played. It'd be a really freaky movie. It has an interesting and good plot, and the characters could be protrayed pretty easily on screen. It would be an incredibly suspenseful film (to those who have played it, you know what I'm talking about...)

Though, the moive would need a little bit more closure and background explanation, that would help the movie flow better much better than the game does. Yay.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

F.E.A.R for me because I think it could actually have an interesting plot- Phantasmagoria would be my second pick.

6. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

it's coming out next year just hope paul w anderson's not touching it at all

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

and parasite eve has a movie out..never seen it though

8. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I voted for Splatterhouse simply because I think it could work in a totally over-the-top, gore-splattered way. Clock Tower (the original games) could possibly lend themselves well to film too.

Castlevania is among my all-time favorite game franchises, but I think it would only truly work as an animated film. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is about the closest thing we've ever gotten to a CV film. I'm not holding my breath for the live-action film on the horizon...

And there actually is a Dead Rising film called Zombrex: Dead Rising Sun, you can watch it here: http://www.deadrisingsun.com/#/home

9. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Clocktower 3 would be a really interesting movie, I could see Evan RachelmWood playing the lead role.

10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I don't really like it when they try to make movies out of video games but I voted for Splatterhouse. When I was a kid and TG16 came out I wondered if there actually was a movie called Splatterhouse and when I found out there wasn't I began to wonder why there wasn't a movie called Splatterhouse! With Phantasmagoria I think all you'd really need is a macro that plays the game all the way through for you without dieing and it would pretty much be a movie, it's a fun game but so much of the time is spent watching video in that one iirc.

11. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Shake it baby!

12. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm gonna go with with Clock Tower cause it's kinda creepy and subtle - cool old school slasher type atmosphere. Castlevania would probably be like Mortal Kombat and cheese out, Splatterhouse is an over the top F13 in reverse, and while I love the F.E.A.R video games I think it would end up being like Resident Evil.

13. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

System Shock

While not necessarily horror, i think it has enough scary elements to count. Besides, they are both such amazing games, they deserve mention any way.

14. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

I went with Castlevania only because it's the only video game on the list that I know. I haven't played a game since SNES was around.

I'm sure if they do make it, it will be a CGI crapfest like Van Helsing. Actually, I really liked the story in Van Helsing, but the CGI just ruined the whole thing for me.

15. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Cool story, dude!

16. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

YESS I agree completely!

17. Spit

Spit Active Member

I havent played Clock Tower, and have never heard of D or Phantasmagoria. For the most part movies based on video games are a big let down.

The doom movie was retared. If they made a duke nukem movie I'm afraid they would get someone crappy like the rock to play him. Bruce Cample would have made a good Duke Nukem 10 years ago.
    Castlevania would probably be crap, becuase it would crater to the teen bopper vampire fad.

Left 4 Dead might be cool, so would FEAR.

On a side note, anyone else remember the tendo game VideoGame:The Movie:The Game? ....god i'm getting old.

18. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Clock Tower was the most boring horror game I've ever played. Nothing happens for most of it and every once in a while a guy shows up and walks toward you snapping ridiculously large scissors, and he walks so slow he's easily avoidable. Also, it was very obvious who the killer was from the get go. It was really lame and I couldn't believe that they released more after that.

It wasn't the best game in the world (too much fighting) but I liked the idea behind the old PS1 game Nightmare Creatures: killing lovecraft-like monsters in London by gaslight in the late 1800s. I could see that as a movie.

19. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I know Castlevania is in production, but it's going to be crap and we all know it. It will be a total music video-style cgi fest that will be marketed towards teenagers. They haven't been able to make a decent Castlevania game in the past 10 years (aside from the DS and PSP ones), why should the film be any different? In my eyes, Castlevania kinda died when the anime theme took over.

Left 4 Dead as a film? Why? Left 4 Dead basically contains every cliche from every zombie film ever made. Why would you create a film based on a game that's based on a ton of zombie films?

I voted for Splatterhouse as I think it's really the only game that would work as a film. I could see Peter Jackson (if he ever pulled the oscar out of his ass and got back to his roots), Sam Raimi, or even Van Bebber doing this game justice. Though Van Bebber would probably take 15 years to make it.

20. Spit

Spit Active Member

Holy shit, I remember Nightmare Creatures. I had it for the PC. The game play wasnt the greatest but I remember being impressed with the graphics at the time. It would make a good movie.