Horrorfind Weekend August 13-15, 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by Erg0n, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
  2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Heh, I live in Maryland, about a thirty minute drive from the Hunt Valley Marriot. I feel so damn happy to live in Maryland.

3. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I live in Florida, and I'm already booked. I went last year as well.

4. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

Last year I lived an hour and a half away from it. This year, I live in Boston.
    I still can't think of a reason not to go!

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I made a thread about this a while ago, expressing how excited I was about this year, but I'm glad you put up another because I just checked the site again and am even MORE excited because of all the new guests they have added. Now they're doing a DAY OF THE DEAD reunion (kind of) as well, and that makes me damn happy. Can't wait to meet Joe Pilato, he seems like a really cool guy in interviews I've seen. Jeffrey Combs would be cool too, but I'll probably pass on his autograph since there are so many others I need instead.

This weekend here will be the best weekend of my entire life, most likely! :banana: :banana: :banana:

6. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

Say hi to Debbie Rochon for me.

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

On a video tape I recorded there last year, I *THINK* I saw you in it, talking to someone (Bill Moseley? Dee Wallace Stone?) as I passed by. At least I think it was you. :lol:

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I met Brad Dourif before, he was really cool. A very nice guy.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

He's another one I can't wait to meet! Man, I better have enough for all these autographs and some better be free. :mad:

EDIT: Where did you meet him, anyway?

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This really cruddy convention in Baltimore, called the "Creepcon", well cruddy is a harsh word, but it was very disorganized.

11. Last year I didnt have the money to go and I was pretty pissed from the year before when they made you get a ticket to see Bruce Campbell which wouldnt have been a problem but they did that shit really early and ran out that morning so they fucked over alot of people including me! Then when I complained they tried to make me out to be the asshole when all I said was that they were running a second rate convention which honestly was the case. It turned out ok I guess since the female cast of the Evil Dead was more than happy to sign my dvd but that whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth so they didnt get my money last year. This year I will go but I swear if they pull the same shit with George Romero they did with Bruce Campbell they will never get my money ever again since it proves what I have believed all along and that is that Horrorfind doesnt have their shit together.

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I want to go but I don't know if I will make it out there. I will definitely try this year.

Nick

13. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

With Alice Cooper, they had "measured" out the length of a line of people that would be able to see him in the 4 hours a day he was signing. The lineup started early and anyone who tried to get in line after 11am or so was told they were out of luck (we got in line around 10:30). They even gave us cards so we could leave the line and keep our place. It actually ended up taking that line about an hour to get through, so they let more people in.

And from the looks of it, George Romero isn't the main guest, so meeting him would be no trouble. Lots of the celebs had lines, but I just hung out with my friend and in the dealer room until everyone had left. Sunday afternoon I got to chat with the Night of the Living Dead people for about 20 minutes each. No one else was there by that time. It was my first horror convention and won't be the last.

14. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

same weekend as Wizard world Chicago..... i dunno what to do.

15. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

I couldn't disagree with you more (as far as Horrorfind not having their shit together). This will be the third year I've gone and they are MUCH MORE organized than the ChillerFest in New Jersey.

I ran into the snafu with Campbell as well, but I must have talked to the right people because not only did I get to meet him, I got a free book as well. Flys with sugar, no?

After going to 2 Chillerfests and 3 HorrorFinds, I can honestly say Chiller does not deserve the attention it receives and it is only a matter of time before HorrorFind overtakes it (popularity wise).

My room is already booked. :D

16. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I also would have to disagree, Horrorfind is a very well ran convention. Try going to the Pittsburgh Comicon, then you'll see what a 2nd rate con is like.

17. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

or... creepcon in baltimore 2 years ago.....what a joke the way that was setup i ended up spending extra money on "gold tickets" which entitled me free autographs from each guest but somehow i ended up spending close to 100 dollars on autographs that was the most disorganized show i have ever attended...even the vendors were disapointed and told me to go to horrorfind if you want to attend a good show.

18. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yeah I'll definitely be there as well. Can't say I'm big on the celebrity/autograph stuff, but the merchandise there rocks. That said, I'd still love to meet the following people:

George Romero
    Jeffrey Combs
    David Emge
    Scott Reiniger
    BARBARA FUCKING CRAMPTON
    Brad Douriff

Won't set me back too much, as I haven't heard any of these people are assholes (but you never know...). I hope to score some Euro posters this year though, so we shall see.

19. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I'll be there for sure. Horrorfind is like early Christmas for me.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I especially like last year's location. On the website it says that's where the convention will be held permentantly for now. I'm happy because the hotel is really nice. Not as fancy as the year before last's hotel, but to me it's homier.

Also, it was very easy for us to get there. At the last hotel, the fancy one, we got lost trying to find it. Last year, we got there perfectly, even though we didn't really know where we were going. ;)