Horrorfind Weekend August 13-15, 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by Erg0n, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

It's supposed to rain most of the time, so I hope we don't get fucked out of the outdoor movies. That sucks I'll miss Beyond Re-Animator and Day of the Dead with the cast Friday night, but I won't miss Dawn on Saturday.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt the rain. It's been raining every other day in Maryland for like a year.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Hey guys! :)

I'm at my dad's now... we're gonna go to Horrorfind in a few hours after his girlfriend gets home from work. It sucks being without my computer, but at least I go to my friend's house once in a while and he lets me use his, so I can check the forum and my e-mail. I'll be on more often once I get back to my mom's. This wait is killing me... can't wait to get there and meet Romero! :banana:

Also, can't wait to meet some of you there!

4. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

I'm leaving early tomorrow, will spend Saturday afternoon and evening there. Hope to see some of you!

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Went tonight. I spent a crapload. No autographs yet, and I will probably only get a few as seeing how many of the celebs are charging $15.00 a pop. I was in Romero's line tonight, but they cut it off halfway and said they wouldn't be doing anymore. That's alright, I'm getting in line bright and early tomorrow.

Here we have the shirts I bought. I failed to notice until I got home that the back of the House of 1,000 Corpses shirt says "Everyone Fucking Dies." So I gotta watch wearing that to Christmas dinner and stuff.
    [​IMG]

Next we have the three films I bought. Old Boy, Battle Royale 2, and a Tale of Two Sisters.
    [​IMG]

Finally I have a piece of memorabilia for my favorite Argento film.
    [​IMG]

Lastly we have the freebie posters. Open Water, The Devil's Rejects, and Saw mini-posters, and one huge Saw one-sheet.
    [​IMG]

I'll post my celeb pics after I get back tomorrow.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Well. I met Romero today. It was awesome. We talked for a few minutes mostly about the shitty weather and then he gave me a few pointers on filmmaking. My fucking camera went dead as the lady was going to take the picture, but it wasn't a total bust. (See below picture. :p )
    [​IMG]

I also had him sign my DVD of Dawn. Guess that rules out selling the bitch once I get the Ultimate Edition.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I saw Savinifan. I had no idea what he looked like but he was cool and came up to me. Didn't see anyone else, though. Maybe tomorrow.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Wow Grim, nice stuff!

8. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

That Opera poster is sweet! You should get it framed.:)

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That's what I plan on doing. We have a bunch of old picture frames in our basement, so I'm going to go down later tonight and see if any of them are the right size.

10. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

they need to bring this to the Detroit area.

11. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Well, I got a late start this morning but I got to Maryland this afternoon. The convention turn out was pretty nice. I got some convention footage which I will try to link here. I did what I wanted to do, have Romero sign the Dawn poster. He was really cool.
    I spent $300 in dvds, I will post the list later...this labtop is running out of juice. Great time!! Wish I could re-enter tomorrow but I gotta get back to the real world.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I spent $75 on DVD's and it was only three of them. Damn you, Poker industries, damn you!

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Alright, I ended up getting some pretty decent stuff. Not as much as I expected but I'm still pretty pleased. Synapse had a table so I snagged THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE a month and a half in advance, which was nice, even though I paid $30 for it. I also learned from them that the director of the film is very pissed off and wants to sue, so it's possible this disc won't hit the streets. I also picked up bootlegs of the Criterion discs of THE KILLER and HARD BOILED for $20 together, which was a decent deal. I snagged t-shirts with Goblin, the Blind Dead, and ZOMBIE too, which was money well spent. I went back for a DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE one but they were down to XXL only :(. And then there was some free stuff, posters and what not, and some other little things. All in all it was a nice trip.

Oh but no fucking autographs though. They charge $20 minimum, even if you bring your own stuff! I thought that was bogus, and even more so considering it was a Horrorfind policy. Luckily I got to sympathize with Barbara Crampton for a minute, she didn't think it was fair either ;).

Pictures of haul attached:

Attached Files:

14. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Nice load Andrew.

I doubt the Thriller DVD could be cancelled this late in the game, but you never know...Any idea what the director is pissed off about?

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Damn, I MUST have that Thriller disc, so I really hope it gets released. If it doesn't, I'll be so disappointed. Hopefully Atmims is right about it not getting cancelled.

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Alright I should have read up on this a bit more. Don May posted here that they have signed contrats and what not, so I don't see how this could be a problem. Oh well, I don't really care. I just went through the disc and this is a fantastic film and a very well put together disc. This deserves to get released.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2004
  17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Cool that you got it early, Andrew. Enjoy the shit out of it! You did pay $30 for it. :p

18. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

WOOHOOOOO!!! Just got back and had a ball while I was there! I don't have a digital camera, so I'll have to get the pictures developed, but you guys can bet your asses I'll be scanning and posting them soon. ;)

Anyway, for those of you wondering what I got, here's the list:

-Deathdream DVD ($20)
    -Beyond the Darkness DVD ($10)
    -Jungle Holocaust DVD ($10)
    - Eyeball VHS (taken from the widescreen German DVD) ($7)
    -Joe Pilato's ($15), Lori Cardille's (don't tell, but she was nice enough to sign it for free!!), and Greg Nicotero's (free) autographs on my Day of the Dead DVD
    -Tom Savini's autograph on my Martin DVD (free)
    - Reggie Bannister's autograph on my Phantasm DVD (free)
    - Brinke Steven's autograph on a Weird Tales cover (she gave them out for free)
    - Dawn of the Dead t-shirt ($15 and great quality)

... and last but not least:

- George Romero's autograph on my Dawn of the Dead poster!!!!!!!!

I had my picture taken with: George Romero, Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato

I took pictures of: Brinke Stevens, John Russo, George Romero

I also filmed most of the costume contest on my camcorder and a lot of the celebrity and dealer's rooms.

Suprisingly, most of the stuff in the dealer's room didn't scream "BUY ME!" like I thought they would, with the exception of a ton of DVDs that were well out of my price range. But I am extremely satisfied with what I got, and can't wait to watch all the movies. I almost wanted to get Thriller: A Cruel Picture, but I was like, "NO! I'm not spending $30 on a single DVD ever again because that could go towards getting two or three cheaper DVDs... and besides, I might end up not liking the film."

So, all in all, I think this was the best year out of the ones I've gone to. If I didn't have enough to buy their autographs, I went around and said hi to the celebs, like the Dawn and Day cast members, Adrienne Barbeau (which I now regret not getting her autograph), Angela Bettis, and many of the others there. It was also cool to attend the showing of Dawn and Day of the Dead and see all the cast members together again. Great fun!

20. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Hey RyanPC ... did your VHS of EYEBALL look like this?

Attached Files: