Horrorfind Weekend August 13-15, 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by Erg0n, Jan 29, 2004.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yup! I only had $7 on me and was looking for something cheap, saw this and the guy said he'd take seven for it, since he was trying to get rid of his VHS tapes.

2. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

heres some pics I took

3. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

some more......

More details: MY FIRST CONVENTION! I had a hell of a trip, most everyone was really nice. (my favorites are Ashley Laurence, Reggie Bannister & Tom Sullivan) I was in awe of Romero, we got lucky and only had to wait a little over an hour. Me and my friend (the smaller dude) were on a high the whole trip. I got my Dawn signed by the cast as well as Savini & Romero (who also signed my Day laserdisc......sorry I couldn't afford $15 a pop for the cast). Adrienne Barbeau signed my Escape from NY laserdisc. and I got a Hellraiser poster signed by Miss Ashley and Doug Bradley.......also got a killer Jason mask down in the vendor booth and Kane signed it (he was cool too)

I'll be looking to attend some more conventions for sure now, only I hope the next one I go to isn't an 8 hour drive..

4. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

I made that VHS ... that was my buddy selling it.

He also has a NTSC DVD-R of it that I made :D

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Cool! :D

Still haven't watched the film yet, I hope I like it!

6. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

It is an Umberto Lenzi giallo from the 70's

That translate to goofy oddball fun :D

You should like it but don't expect something as well done as say a Bava or Argento giallo.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Well, I'm back! The first thing I did was get the four main members from Dawn and Savini to sign my mini Dawn poster. I didn't get Romero the first day I was there because the line was huge by the time we got there. We went outside and started drinking for a few hours. I decided we were going to go back in and have some fun. I went back to meet a bunch of people (some of them twice). I told everyone how much I appreciated them being here. I thought everyone was great. I talked to the Dawn the most for obvious reasons. Ken was Ken. If you've ever met Ken, you know what I mean. Cool dude. He had a sealed Dawn SE set on his table. I asked if it was just for show, and he said yeah. I was like, damn, I want that so bad. Scott was kinda quiet until you started talking to him, but he was a really cool guy. David always seems kinda pissed, but he's a pleasure to talk with. Gaylen seemed really happy and nice to talk with. I made sure I talked with everyone from Day, too. All of them were really cool. We talked to Steel the most. He's a great guy. I went "Jello!" and he was like "JELLO! That's what that yellow-bellied spick says instead of hello!" You know the line. I can't remember exactly when he says, but it was awesome. Some dude in front of me got his Day posted signed and it said "Fuckin' "A"! The biggest piece of meat in the cave!". He was a blast. I also met Michael Felsher, Tom Savini, Reggie Bannister, Doug Bradley, Sid Haig, Kane Hodder, Clayton and his wife (lead evelator/nurse Dawn zombies) and Jeffery Combs. They, too, were all really nice and a pleasure to meet. I had Combs sign my Re-Animator and Castle Freak DVDs. Some people said Hodden was grumpy, but I met him and shoot his hand and he seemed like a cool dude. I let most of the people there know that I was low on cash, but I wanted to let them all know how cool it was of them to come out for us to meet them. They were all very appreciative and happy to meet me even though I wasn't buying anything from them. I talked with Reggie for a bit. I love Reggie because we just bullshit about anything and everything. He seems like a good friend you've had for a long time. Always a pleasure. We got up early on Sunday to get in line for Romero. I felt like shit from drinking almost the entire day before, but I had to go. We got in the first section of line so we'd get in there as quick as possible. Good thing, too, because the line got HUGE again after we got in line. I met George and he was so damn nice and cool about everything. I told him I was a local Pittsburgh "area" boy and that my buddy and I live right around Savini's school. He said he'd try to get some Pittsburgh footage in there if possible. He said he wishes he had more time to meet fans and that three days is definitely not long enough. I told him that this was the first chance I had to run into him and he said you can find me on Locust St. (or whatever street he said he lived on). I thought that was pretty cool. He's really nice and down to earth. A total pleasure to meet. Someone said that he had a family problem/issue that needed taken care of, so he had to leave early, but I don't know when he actually left because we took off after we got him to sign out stuff. In the end, I had a great time and it was awesome to meet all those people. Now I have the mini Dawn poster signed by everyone that I wanted, including Romero, that I've been wanting for a long time now.

8. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Sounds like you had a great time Mortis. I am still tired from my weekend but I will list all the finer points...

1) Met Romero! He told me he felt vindicated when he sees how many fans come to meet him despite the way Hollywood has been to him.

2) Meet Sid Haig...had him sign the poster of House of 1,000 Corpses poster which I got free from the Lions Gate booth. I was just standing around and he walked in the room and yelled "Where is that Sid Haig guy, he was here a minute ago and how he is gone...can't trust that fucker". It was later that I noticed he wrote some extreme profanity on the poster. Cool dude.

3) I had meet Jeffery Combs already but I saw him again when he was checking out of his room. He was signing his slip with nobody around him. I was so close to him and I guess I was staring. He looked and me and smiled and asked how I was. That was all I needed, I just told him how much I was a fan that was so glad he was there. We talked for 10 minutes. He is the coolest of fellows, he reminded me of Bruce Campbell a bit.

4) Butch "Eddie Munster" Patrick was an ass. I heard him tell Pat Priest that if people stop by just to look at what was on the table, run them off. Do not waste time on them. I found that sad.

5) The Dawn and Day cast...too much to write on them. Mortis is correct, Ken was being typical Ken. The same way he was a few years ago. I don't think he has that great of a time at the conventions. Everybody else was wonderful.

6) Spent too much money...still need to make a list for ya'll. It was just a great time. I am reserving a room for next year, this time my soon to be wife will be there and I will make damn sure I meet Mortis, Ryan, and Grim!

9. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Oh, it rocked. Beer and horror.. great combo. That's funny you mention Bruce Campbell when you talk about Combs. I don't know if this sounds cool to anyone else, but I've always thought a Combs/Campbell combo movie would be sweet. They're both awesome actors and both have something about them that I think would make a sick movie. They'd play off of each other pretty well I think. I heard "Eddie Munster" was an asshole. Lots of people are reporting that he was being a dick. I'm glad I didn't take any time to meet him. Ken must like something about them. I heard he was talking about all the women who were buying him drinks and following him to his room.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, Sid was really nice. I didn't get his autograph or anything, but I stopped by to say hello and told him I really enjoyed him in House of 1000 Corpses and even in The Big Bird Cage with Pam Grier! After I made a comment about that film, he waved at me and said "Hi!" in that gay tone of voice like he did in the movie when he was pretending to be homosexual. I got a real kick outta that!

I don't think I saw you there, and if I did, I didn't recognize you. Hope to meet you next year! :)

11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Just wanted to say that the wife and I had a blast. I had been to 3 Fangoria conventions before, but Horrorfind beat them all. I'm definitely gonna return next year. I'll post some pictures of the fun I had later this evening.

Only one from this site I recognized was MrGrim13 as he is definitely unmistakable with that hair. Glad to have had the chance to say hi to you although it was brief. :)

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was real cool that ya said hi. Maybe next year we can talk for a minute.

13. SaviniFan

Ok, here are some pictures of me & the entire Dawn cast, plus Barbeau for good measure. :)

14. SaviniFan

Here is the last one.....maximium 5 pics per post apparently.

15. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Great pics! but did somebody of the Dawn cast gave you a "shiner"?

16. SaviniFan

Heh, yeah, for some reason the lighting on a couple of those pics....especially the one with Gaylen Ross, appears as if I got a black eye. Dunno why, guess I'm just not that camera friendly. :)

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Eh, atleast you got pictures. My camera went dead right as I was getting to Romero. :( Oh well, I got my stuff signed and was able to chat for a minute, so I'm happy.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Great pics, Savinifan! Is it just me or do Barbeau and Ross still look great after all these years?

19. SaviniFan

Oh yeah....they both held up quite well over the years. Especially Ross. I thought she was quite attractive.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Okay people, here are my pics: :)

My hair is messed up in these, though. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2004