Hospital Massacre (1982)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Anybody remember this slasher?
    It has a neat prologue ("Susan's House 1961"), a bit of sleaze (Barbi Benton's nude checkup) and a few well done bloody effects.
    A DVD release would be cool. I think MGM still holds the rights to this film, not sure tho.

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Nobody?
    Sad times :cry:

3. Yep, another slasher on my want list for a DVD release.

Also looking forward to a DVD release of VISITING HOURS!

4. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

Sorry Hellbilly, not had a chance to see this one! :(

5. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Is it still available on VHS? I'm always down to see a good slasher flick.

6. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

I will look out for this one!

Sounds like some good sleaze - I will stay alert for this one and count me in for "Visiting Hours" - I have the VHS and would love a decent transfer on this one. Michael Ironside gives a classic performance - very Maniac-like...

7. willywalken

willywalken Guest

:fire: Speaking of hospital massacre, "Halloween II" is a damn fine slasher. Like the scene in the hot tub where Myers holds that woman under water till her skin boils off. Nobodys ever done that before, not that i know of.

8. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

...Two words...

Check out "Deep Red" for a similar "hot tub" scene...not to take anything away from Halloween II - I love that movie from the bottom of my black heart.

9. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

I remember the video box for HOSPITAL MASSACRE at the old video store I used to frequent as a youngster.....That's about my only memory of it, to be honest.:)

10. Michael

Michael Guest

Hospital Massacre

Several times in the recent past I have come across references to HOSPITAL MASSACRE.

Anyone know if this was ever, is now or scheduled to be released on DVD?

Sounds like it could be fun.

Made in 1981 starring the lovely Barbi Benton.

11. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Pretty boring stuff, goto any video store (besides Blockbuster) and your sure to find a copy on VHS.

12. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

2nd opinion!

While this is not great, it is loads of fun - and throw in Barbi Benton and you've got a classic! Check this out - guaranteed fun - I laughed my ass off and then some! Cheers! :cool:

13. K'

K' Guest

I own the german Laserdisc and I think it's quite fun. I wouldn't mind to get it on dvd, but I haven't heard anything about a release.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

wow...

That laserdisc looks too cool! Hopefully we will see a DVD soon - come on Blue Underground!

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have been crossing the globe with the vhs for years. It is one of my favorite slashers and one of the first horror movies I fell for, I would so love a dvd. It isn't high art mind you, but if it was, I probably wouldn't like it 1/2 as much. I have dreams of getting that and New Year's Evil at the same time. Hook me up someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2004
  16. It does have some interesting gore, if I remember correctly.

17. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i have the U.K. precert of this under the title X-RAY

i love the other alt title " BE MY VALENTINE OR ELSE...."

18. rhett

rhett Administrator

Good straight faced, no frills slasher. Boaz Davidson brings that same sort of lost in translation awkwardness that he did to The Last American Virgin here, particularly in that ambiguous full body physical where Barbi Benton appears to be flirting with the psycho doctor while he is poking her with needles and trying to strangle her. It's a really weird scene. Benton's a peculiar stage presence, those big doe eyes and that off-key low octave voice really set her apart. The killer is a pretty humorous departure from the usual slasher mold in that he's the perpetrator of the traumatic childhood event and without any motive. He's just a douchebag little kid who likes to make Valentines cards. Awesome.

19. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

I've been wanting to see this for years. Oddly enough, I have a CED of this but I don't have a CED player. Annoying.

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, I have this - pretty good. Deserves a real DVD release.