HOstel 2 Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by DeathDealer, Oct 28, 2006.

1. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Does an endless franchise with inevitable crappy sequels ultimately help a neophyte filmmaker?

Normally they would get a couple more films under their belt and then surprise their fans 5 years later by announcing a sequel to the film that launched their careers.

Hollywood is cashing in too quick. Are new horror creators doomed to a franchise of their first big hit without a chance to move on to new projects? They won't have an opportunity to impress their fans again until after they have burned the audience with an awful sequel.

2. Oh, good! I get to rip on Roth some more!

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I sure hope there's more gore and nudity in Hostel 3 than Hostel 2.:evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

He better be careful he doesn't up the gay bashing as well... or this thread will go to hell... deeper into hell...
    Roth rules!

5. BloodMan

The International Poster

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Oh my God! That is really, seriously, totally gross.

7. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Is that the GynoCam?

8. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

A girl in my art studio used to do huge 5ft by 5ft 'paintings' just like that using wax and other materials; so you could image how the studio looked with those all over the walls...

Judging from that poster tho the second movie will probably promise more extreme 'people fainted in the theater' gore but will be really tame compared to most stuff, just like the first one.

9. BloodMan

I dunno... Mike McCarty (KNB FX guy) wrote me saying the stuff he did on this one were the most disgusting things he's ever done in his years at KNB... but we'll see I guess. :)

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Man, I am almost grossed out by that poster. I don't get grossed out so I don't know what to think of it.:nervous:

11. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I like that poster. It's very tasteful :D

Word has it that Hostel 2 got pushed back til June 07 though.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah that's quite possibly the most disgusting poster I've ever seen. I'm there.

13. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Cool Poster.

Hope its more horror.

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Not sure if we covered this somewhere, but the new trailer is online at the website right here: http://www.hostel2.com/

Mexicans can be worth more than Canadians...no fuckin' way!

15. acappa

acappa Member

So, I just saw a workprint of Hostel: Part II. What a ridiculous movie. Definitely over the top. There are a few scenes that I would be surprised to see released theatrically, or even on unrated DVD.

The print that I saw ran about an hour and a half and was in pretty rough shape as far as workprint tags, counters, and serials are concerned.

How do I do the spoiler tags? I haven't posted here in so damn long.

Wow. I joined this site 8 years ago. Still read everyday Dave.

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

Eight years and 14 posts? Amateur. Use [ SPOILER ] [/ SPOILER ] - eliminate the spaces I put in there.

17. BloodMan

Wow!

18. acappa

acappa Member

Amateur. Who are you kidding buddy?

Anyways. The movie was decent enough, if you enjoyed the first one. It is what it is, I guess that's the best way to put it. I don't think that I would say I 'enjoyed' it, though, personally. I knew what to expect going in, and it was pretty much what I expected. Spoilers below, with major plot details revealed.

The dude from the first flick gets offed in the first few minutes by the CEO of the torture company (I can't remember the actual name of it) - decapitated while enjoying his breakfast - and his death doesn't serve to advance the plot whatsoever.

Begins much like the Hostel: Part 1, but this time around we have girls on a Eurotrip rather than guys - two babes and the token ugly duckling. The girls are conned into traveling to the seedy hostel pretty quickly, by another babe of course, and check in much earlier in the film than in the last installment. Drinking, nudity, dancing, and creepy European characters abound. A montage of scenes is shown in which rich businessmen from all around the world bid on the girls, both online and on cell phones. Once the bidding ends and the girls are captured, the torture scenes begin.

I'd say about out of the hour and a half running time, only 20-25 minutes is spent in the actual torture chambers. The 'ugly duckling' is killed first - suspended upside down, nude, and is cut apart with a sickle by another nude woman lying in a bathtub below. The girl serves as a sort blood shower, if you will, and the woman lying below massages the blood onto her body and she writhes in pleasure.

The second girl is shown, tied up, and is to be tortured by a very intense male character - the one who wins the bidding on his cell phone. This guy reminded me of both the intense male character from Part 1 as well as Eli Roth's character from Grindhouse. Once he cuts the girls face with a buzzsaw and rips a chunk of her hair out, he decides that he can't do it and tries to leave. The sick the dogs on him, and he is torn to pieces. She is killed offscreen.

The third girl is the 'badass' character who you know will survive from the very beginning. The guy set to torture her has had second thoughts the entire film - mostly stemming from the fact that he meets the girl at a party earlier in the film - and unties her when the time comes, and tells her everything about the place. But, he ties her back up and decides that he can do it afterall. Before he does it, however, he is offered the other girl (the one who I mentioned is killed offscreen) at a discounted rate. He's all psyched up now. He tries to fuck her, she headbutts him when he has her on the ground, and she ties him up. The troops come in, guns raised, but she has the guys dick in between two scissor blades. Yes, they show the dick in between the blades, and it does not look pretty. The CEO enters, she informs him that she is very, very rich, and that she wishes to buy her way out. He says that no one is permitted to leave until he or she kills someone. So, she cuts the guy's dick off. Yes, they show it, in gripping detail. It doesn't come the whole way off, though, so she has to tear it. Yes, they show it, in gripping, gripping detail. She throws it to the dogs and exits as they feast.

The film ends with the 'badass' girl going out and finding the babe who conned them in the first place and chopping her head off whilst dressed like the grim reaper. The gang of kids - featured again in several scenes of the film - proceed to play soccer with the head, score a goal, and run around with their shirts pulled over their heads.

Oh yeah, one of those kids gets shot, point blank range, earlier in the film.

There might be some sort of message present in this film, and I can almost put a finger on it, but it eludes me. The guys who do the killing spend a great deal of time talking about how killing is going to change their lives, like when the first kid in the class gets laid over the summer and comes back to school changed - no one knows how or why, but something is different about them. I think somehow, someway, Roth is trying to say something about the nature of mankind - I just don't know what exactly.

OK, there it is. Like I said, it was what I expected it to be. If you liked the first one, you'll probably dig the second one as well.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  19. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

This opens here in Australia next week.

Not sure if it will live up to the 1st one, i watched that at a special pre screening in boston with the man himself Eli Roth... so i guess that added to the appeal.

20. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Wow, sounds exactly like the first one.