HOSTEL Part 2 reaction thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ReelFear, Jun 8, 2007.

1. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

for those who have seen both, is the actual theatrical cut any different from the workprint?

2. Berries.... and what else?

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not much. Obvilously the effects were finished. I do think the Bathory bathtub scene showed a few frames more gore in the workprint. I can't say it for sure, but me and my GF both felt it was slightly trimmed.

4. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

:lol: :spit:

5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

All I can say is that any reviewer that carries on about how boring a film, I just can take seriously. That's purely subjective and something I would expect from a Micheal Bay worshiping teenager.

6. Enutz666

Enutz666 Member

Has anyone seen the workprint thats floating around & has also seen the theatrical version? Just wondering if there any differences

7. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I'm not a member of this club. Oops, did I stumble into the movie by accident when I paid $9 for it and enjoyed it? Am I now obligated to fellate a horror movie director?

8. bigdaddyhorse

See post #23.

For the record, I don't fellate Roth or any other director either. If you can't see the difference between liking someones movies and sucking their dick, you might need help.;)

9. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'll suck Eli's dick, sure. I enjoyed the first more, but this was much less by the numbers than a sequel of this sort could and should have been. It's not just girls in the guys' roles, there are a fair bit more moral dilemmas and torture facets not touched in the first film here. Roth listened to the complaints regarding the first, and definitely keeps a much more serious tone throughout, which should please every who :cry: about the first's comedic elements. Roth directs with an artistic hand, and demonstrates the restraint and release dance of horror better than anyone has here for a long time.

After the lame first five minutes tacked on BUG (which was actually the first five minutes after the first five minutes) this grossly exceeded my expectations. And I do mean grossly.

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

Will you at least perform cunnilingus on Edwige Fenech?

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

SPOILERS

I enjoyed the shit out of it. The only thing I did not like was the stuff with Paxton. I got the same exact feeling as when they killed Hicks in Alien 3. He had gone through so much and I was hoping everything worked out for that guy, in one way or another. So I could've done without that.But I guess it also helped set up the much more grim and serious tone this one had. Much more bleak than the first one. There were many many points in the film where I thought that there was no hope for anyone.

I really liked Stuart's crack at the end and Todd's breakdown at what he had done. A real reversal of roles and it really caught me off guard. I honestly thought Stuart was going to save the day.

12. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

If we can have Paris Hilton doing the dirty, I reckon a link would be appropriate. :D

Is it possible to see this film and not be a member of this club, you know, juist treat it as just another movie? I think it's important to know before I get it and find myself face-to-face with an expectant geezer.

13. bigdaddyhorse

I think Eli is lurking at every theater, just waiting to see someone enjoying his film. As soon as he does and the credits roll, he corners you near the exit and drops trow, demanding you give praises due to "your new daddy".:D

Thankfully I had my trusty pipe and cronic with me which gave me a bargining tool. A bowl in the parking lot beats a shot in the mouth every time.:nervous:

Seriously though, you don't have to be sucking his dick to like his movies. I'm also somewhat sure that somewhere, there is someone, who doesn't fall on either the "hate or fellate" side. It could be you dwatts. Go and don't fear, I'll be spinning the workprint again later and smoking weed with Eli so you'll be safe to see if you can break the trend.;)

14. Wizejoker

Wizejoker Guest

Whenever I went to go see Hostel 2, Eli Roth was actually there at the theater. I don't have so much of a problem with his movies. There's something he pointed out to the crowd; if Eli Roth wasn't making horror movies, would there be many good mainstream horror movies? Compared to crap like The Messangers and An American Haunting, I'll take whatever Eli Roth has to throw my way.

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Hold up, are you saying he himself pointed that bit out to the crowd? Surely, a fanboy said that, right? :lol:

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I think he's kind of an asshole and I'm not a big fan of his movies, but I'll suck his dick anyway. ;)

I did enjoy Hostel, though, which I saw for the first time a couple days ago. Might go to see Hostel 2 in theaters if I am bored one day. Otherwise, I'll wait for the DVD.

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I don't have a full review to show you, I saw one reviewers quote.

"Hostel is garbage, and Hostel II is that same garbage moved over about a foot on the ground."

Thought I share that classic quote.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  18. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9504

Hostel, Hostel: Part II on DVD October 23
    I'm not sitting here and transcribing the press release because Sony couldn't give it to us on a disc, so here are the quick bits on both DVD release.

HOSTEL: PART II Unrated on DVD, Hi-Def Blu-ray

-4 Featurettes ("The Next Level" Behind-the-Scenes, the Art of KNB Effects, Set Design, International TV Special)
    -Blood and Guts Montage
    -Set Design
    -10 Deleted Scenes
    -Commentary with Eli Roth
    -Commentary with Eli Roth, Gabe Roth and Quentin Tarantino
    -Cast and Crew Commentary with Eli Roth, Lauren German, Richard Burgi and Vera Jordanova
    -Elvis Mitchell of 'The Treatment' with Eli Roth
    -Factory Torture Cams (only on Blu-ray)

HOSTEL: DIRECTOR'S CUT

-Director and Producers Commentary
    -Director and Guest Commentary
    -Director and Producer Commentary II
    -FIVE NEW FEATURES:
    -Music and Sound
    -Set Design
    -KNB Effects
    -An Icelandic Meal with Actor Eythor Gudjonsson
    -Takashi Miike Interview (!)
    -Hostel Dismembered
    -The Treatment
    -Kill the Car
    -Hostel Dissected
    -10 Deleted Scenes
    -Four photo galleries
    -Alternate endings and choice which to watch

19. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I got the press screening of this film on dvd for view. Lucky to have great friends in the film industry. Sucks to wait over 3 months, but I will get it b/c of the cool features

20. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Agreed, I really enjoyed all of the commentaries included with the first film (especially the one with Tarintino). I hope these will be just as entertaining.