House of 1000 Corpses (MERGED)

Discussion in 'General' started by John, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh man... I don't know about a sequel. I guess I'll wait till it happens and then judge from there, but really... in my mind, sequels do not bode well. :eek2:

2. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Well according to some, some felt this movie needed more for them, so Rob has room for improvement. I have not seen the film. But a sequel will not erase the first film, you don't need to see it, and there are many sequels and remakes, people would regret saying things beforehand, imagine us foruming here before Carpenter's The Thing came out, most would be against it I'm sure. Or Night of the living dead 1990 remake, which some enjoyed because it was a update, and went well with the first.

I think the scales are tipping, we do get alot of sequels, and I say alot of them have every chance of being better then worser, the first one made money, we should be pleased someone like Rob Zombie has another crack, I don't want to keep thinking back to the 70s/80s, and hear horror fans talk about that era never being replicated, it has to start somewhere.

3. Luna

Luna Guest

This is true, as long as he's the one making the sequel. I just find that half the time, I wind up being disappointed with sequels. I can name some sequels that I've loved though... but they were made in a different time than we're in now.

Like I said, I'll see when it comes out... I wouldn't be able to judge properly right now, especially if it hasn't even begun production yet. :D

4. Dave

Dave Pimp

SVCD kicks ass. There's no comparison between VCD and SVCD. SVCD wins all the way. As for compatibility, just get a half decent DVD player and you'll be fine, assuming the person that created the SVCD did a half decent job of it.

Luna: Under Windows, Nero is the only way to go. There's tons of free (S)VCD tools under Linux, which is what I use now. But when I used Windows, it was always Nero. Great program.

Obviously DVD-R is the ideal way to go. My set top DVD burner machine is coming next week. I can't wait to get it!

5. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

Just a day after the announcement of a HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES sequel, Lions Gate has revealed to Fango that Rob Zombie?s original will roar onto video August 12. Confirmed extras for the DVD include audio commentary by Zombie, a still gallery and an isolated music track, with more possibly to be announced later.

from www.fangoria.com

no mention of a dir. cut though.

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I don't totally agree with you on that SVCD issue, but that DVD-R machine is phenomenal!! I have been using the borrowed one at work to dump some of my old masters to DVD. Stuff on 3/4" video, Betacam, etc. The quality is amazing and it's a breeze to use, so you'll definitely be happy with it. You never told me where you got it at such a low price. I want one for myself. For work, we ordered the T-3040 which has a built in hard drive. It' going to get a lot of use. One for home would be running constantly to transfer my entire vhs library. I would love to be virtually tape free.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Hell yeah.:D

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Like we don't have enough to buy in August!!

House Of 1000 Corpses Dvd News
    "Just a day after the announcement of a HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES sequel, Lions Gate has revealed to Fango that Rob Zombie’s original will roar onto video August 12. Confirmed extras for the DVD include audio commentary by Zombie, a still gallery and an isolated music track, with more possibly to be announced later.

9. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I just saw this movie and I was pleasantly surprised. It was an obvious homage to the 70's horror (especially The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I loved the newsreel type footage.

Does anyone know if the upcoming DVD will be uncut. IMDB says that the USA version is 88 min but the version that played in Argentina is 105 min.