House Of 1000 Corpses

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by DVD Zombie, Aug 8, 2003.

1. bslayer619

bslayer619 Guest

Damn okay throughout the years Rob Zombie has changed his type of music. From White Zombie to Rob Zombie( I love White Zombie much better thats just my opinion though. And would rather spend more money on Cradle of Filth or Marilyn Manson anyday.) Anyways I loved House of a 1000 Corpses. One of the best movies in horror I've seen in a long time. Not always original in images but who fucking cares at least it has nobodies and the movie is creepy so...there goes my little scratch of criticism. I hope the sequel will be better yet we'll see.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

OOH, thanks for the Easter Eggs Mission. I didn't know about them and am pretty happy to have more to enjoy from this kick ass dvd. :banana:

3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I finally got around to watching this earlier tonight and I guess it was okay at best. Maybe this would have been better as a 30 minute episode. I really didn't get what Zombie was trying to accomplish other then trying to remake TCM. I enjoyed the Captain Spaulding character and think that he deserves his own show on cable. I was not at all thrilled with Karen's Black cleavage, maybe 30 years ago, but not now. It certainly did not scare me at any point.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Her breasts scared me far more than anything else in the film.

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Amen to that Andy...what happened to her. She used to be so hot in EASY RIDER and FIVE EASY PIECES. She is honestly scarier than any of Zombie's set pieces in that movie, and just think, that is WITH make-up. :nervous:

6. Age is what happened to her.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously. She's like 60. But thats funny you all should say that. My friend thought she was a "milf." We made fun of him for weeks.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

She looks remarkably like a hillbilly version of Stiffler's mom, no doubt at all. That's the first thing I though.

However, after watching BURNT OFFERINGS which is from back in the day, I still don't think she was ever easy on the eyes.

9. Rock

Rock Member

More cliches, more dumb cops, more broken down cars, more stupid teens, and more references to other, better movies...BUT an extremely convincing atmosphere of depravity and violence and evil that left me shaken and enraged, especially with the ending that lets the heroine get caught and leaves the evildoers virtually unscathed...I believe this is why the movie was not a bigger hit than it was...any sequel that provides come-uppance is too little, too late...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  10. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I have to say when I saw this in the theaters I was more than a little upset by it, I mean I can't really tell you what I liked, I guess the opening scene was ok, but after that it just fell apart.........I give it 1 oot of 5 stars, stick to your day job Senor Zombie.