How do you watch your Anime series?

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Paff, Mar 10, 2005.

1. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Thats not too outlandish, I reccently got the Giant Robo dvd, and I definately miss the old, first dub that it had, because it was what I was used to, when I used to watch that show like once a day. Same goes for Akira. This is coming from someone who generally hates dubbing.

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

yeah i think the bigger, better known animes seem to get better dubbing. also, probably it's what you're used to. the first time I saw Cowboy Bebop it was on a cheap VCD that only had an English dub. I watched it a few times (a testament to how great of a series it is that I could watch it on low-quality VCDs) and I got used to their english voices. there's a couple of other series like that as well for me, and I usually hate dubs.

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Bitching at me for watching Noir, when you're watching the dull-as-dishwater Witch Hunter Robin??

No, it's cool....different strokes for different folks I guess. Only watched a few episodes of Robin, and was totally bored with it. Gave me the been-there-done-that feel, which happens a lot with Anime.

Anyway, I finally watched all of Noir, and I really loved it. Yes, it is a bit slow paced, but the title alone tells you to expect that. And I'd definitely disagree with the complaint that "nothing happens" in the end. Admittedly, it's a bit open, in that we don't really know where Kirika and Mireille go from here, but it DOES really wrap up their story. Their entire lives, as well as their eventual partnership was always
    orchestrated by Altena, who is now dead, leaving them to do whatever they want
    , so now they're finally free.

It's not exactly a huge cataclysmic ending, but I really enjoyed the ride. There was not much backstory to begin with, and they wrapped it up just fine. Most of Noir was the adventures of Kirika and Mireille, and those adventures were a lot of fun. Especially when Kirika got really clever with her killing methods. I can definitely see myself re-watching the entire series in a while.

I think I'll hit some shorter series for now though...maybe re-watch the OVA of Vampire Princess Miyu or You're Under Arrest. 13-episode series are good too, so I'd love to see Lain again, or maybe watch the rest of the Ninja Scroll series. Damn....I still need to finish Hellsing, too.