Hunting Grounds - new BIGFOOT film (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Warden, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The director of this film is a member of this forum actually. I am looking forward to seeing this. I ordered the DVD from Amazon UK which was released just this week. Got a shipping confirmation today. The UK release uses the other title Valley of the Sasquatch.

Really like this artwork, though it is not featured on the UK DVD.

[​IMG]

Buechlers_beard and fattyjoe37 like this.
  3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Yup, fattyjoe37.

Workshed and fattyjoe37 like this.
  4. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

No shit? That's badass, man....... congrats on the film! I can't wait to see it, looks awesome!

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  5. Harry Warden

That is so fucking cool. Way to go fattyjoe37. Looks really good. I love Bigfoot films.

satans-sadists and fattyjoe37 like this.
  6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I definitely need to check this out -sounds pretty good to me <:

7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! This is the first time I didn't have to start the thread on one of my own movies. I'm excited for people to see it. It comes out on VOD on February 7th with a DVD/Blu release a couple months later. It's available now on DVD from the U.K. if you prefer the original title or don't want to wait. No matter where in the world you see the movie, it's the same film. The US just has a different title card.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. Harry Warden

Very cool bud. I will buy it on DVD/Blu when it comes out in the U.S. - Glad I could give your film some attention. I love Bigfoot features..hell, I love horror period. I hadn't a clue that someone on this board directed it when I posted the link. Very much looking forward to adding it to my collection my friend. :)

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

My DVD from Amazon UK took a little longer than expected, having arrived two days ago. Anyway, I just watched Valley of the Sasquatch earlier today. I collect a lot of Bigfoot books & movies. Enjoyed this film a lot. So nice to finally see a traditional film once again on this subject instead of yet another found footage picture or faux documentary. Also good to have some character development as well, not always the case as you often encounter one dimensional victims in these flicks. I really liked the Ape Canyon aspect of the story. The famous attack is referenced earlier, but returns later with some definite payoff. Great locations for filming too. My only issue would be that the picture quality is darker than one would like at times. There are plenty of nighttime scenes in the woods. This will probably look better on Blu-ray anyway. I intend to pick up the Blu-ray when it is available.

Very entertaining for fans of Sasquatch films. This is a nice addition to my growing collection in the subgenre. Excellent work, John & crew!

10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

This fucking awesome! Congrats fattyjoe. Proud as fuck of you and I'll try to watch it soon :)

11. fattyjoe37

Glad you enjoyed it! Having not seen the U.K. disc myself (you'd think the filmmaker would have it before release date, but that's distributors for you) I can't comment on the transfer, but I will say the cinematography has been an interesting discussion with people who have seen the film. We were making a story with real human drama and that treated the Sasquatch as real animals, not supernatural beings, and we wanted the lighting to reflect that realistic tone. So we decided our nights would be true black and not the blue moonlit night you see in many films. This has made a few people complain about the nighttime scenes being underlit and I could understand that as I've seen presentations of films that straddle this line of darkness where if the film is not presented properly they can be too dark in spots. On the other hand, the cinematography has been the most consistently praised aspect of the film and the DP won more awards than anyone on the festival circuit. But regardless of how you feel the film looks or how much you enjoy it, I'm really happy you all are interested in taking a look at it and I love hearing your thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  12. Dave

Dave Pimp

Congrats dude! I was sent a screener code to a streaming copy. I'll try to check it out.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Trust me, I have seen plenty of other Bigfoot films that were more obviously underlit for the nighttime wooded scenes. This didn't ruin my viewing yesterday at all. Something else I forgot to mention was that your movie has well done Sasquatch, that is to say they look convincing. It's unfortunate watching some of these films when the time comes for the up close look at Sasquatch. An otherwise decent film can be undone by a cheap or hastily done beast. Your film did an excellent job in this regard!

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  14. fattyjoe37

othervoice1 and satans-sadists like this.
  15. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I love a good Bigfoot movie and will definitely be picking this up on Blu. I really hope that it has the poster art above, as I absolutely love that image!!

16. fattyjoe37

As we approach tomorrow's VOD release date for Hunting Grounds I will be taking part in a Facebook Live Q&A to talk about the film, Bigfoot, and anything else people want to ask about. I've never done one of these Live things before, but it'd be cool to hear from some board members if the timing works out.

[​IMG]

Workshed likes this.
  17. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I remember seeing that poster a while back... it's actually what sold me on the flick. Looking forward to giving it a spin!

satans-sadists likes this.
  18. fattyjoe37

Today is the day! Hunting Grounds is now available to rent or buy on your favorite VOD platforms. You can currently find the film on:

Amazon Video
    https://www.amazon.com/Hunting-Grou...id=1486478969&sr=8-5&keywords=hunting+grounds

Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Hunting_Grounds_The?id=A9YcXPLb2z0&hl=en

iTunes
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/hunting-grounds/id1191730597

Xbox
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/movies/the-hunting-grounds/8d6kgwx27s4t

DirecTV
    https://www.directv.com/movies/Hunt...LbVAwTDBSM3FFY2poZz09?keyword=hunting grounds

More outlets will be added throughout the day. A Blu-ray and DVD release will be coming down the pike in a couple months. Hope you all dig it!

19. Harry Warden

I will pick up the blu release when it comes out. ;)

20. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I'll blind buy the blu as well.

fattyjoe37 and satans-sadists like this.