Hunting Grounds - new BIGFOOT film (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Warden, Jan 4, 2017.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Our distributor has announced a DVD and Amazon exclusive Blu-ray release for Hunting Grounds. Both discs share a filmmaker commentary and feature-length making-of doc, but the Blu also comes with some fun exclusive extras.

Special Features:
    -Audio commentary with Writer/Director John Portanova, Producer Matt Medisch, and Director of Photography Jeremy Berg
    -"Shadows in the Forest: The Making of Hunting Grounds" A feature-length documentary featuring behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the commentary participants along with other members of the cast and crew
    -BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE: Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Writer/Director John Portanova
    -BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE: "John Goes Squatchin'" A featurette following Writer/Director John Portanova as he embarks on his first Squatchin' trip into the Washington rainforest

Amazon Link for Blu
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XWJJXP3/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1491354284&sr=8-4

Amazon Link for DVD
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XX1NXTJ/ref=tmm_dvd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1491354284&sr=8-4

2. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Consider it bought! Good luck with the sales, I hope it does well for you, homie!

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  3. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Thanks for the update! Definitely ordering the blu. I love you guys' work and can't wait to see this one too.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  4. fattyjoe37

Re-putting this info out there because as of today Hunting Grounds is available to purchase on Blu-ray and DVD. Hope you all enjoy it!

Workshed likes this.
  5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

6. fattyjoe37

7. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

FINALLY got around to popping in the blu-ray last night and thought I'd share. The movie starts out kind of slow, some of the performances are a little uneven and some of the characters' actions had me scratching my head at times. It got me wondering if something was lost in the editing room, but for all its flaws this little independent, low-budget movie really kicked it up in the last half, making for a super fun ride! The cinematography is beautiful, the creature make-up is better than expected and it is damn refreshing to see old-school practical effects used rather than the CGI garbage that's ruining most of today's "horror" films.

By the end of the movie . . .
    . . . I found myself feeling bad for the last surviving Sasquatch, wondering what he was going to do now that his whole family had been wiped out! Kind of reminded me of Jason after seeing his mom's head cut off. Sequel, perhaps?

Some reviews have complained about certain scenes being too dark to see what's going on but I didn't notice this at all. Maybe these people are watching it with a bright light glaring off the television? I don't know. I watched it at night with the lights off and had no trouble seeing what was going on.

Can't wait to check out the bonus features on this one. I generally find the low-budget, independent behind-the-scenes features to be so much more interesting and informative than most of the mainstream movies' extras.

othervoice1 and fattyjoe37 like this.
  8. fattyjoe37