I Bury the Living

Discussion in 'Classic' started by The Joker, Apr 26, 2016.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Is there a good release of this? Perhaps a Blu? The only way I ever see this film is packaged together with like 20 other films in one of those big "we didn't even attempt restoration" sets.

Edit: Sorry, I see there's a Midnite Movies release. Anyone have any comments about quality etc?

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The Midnite Movies release is, almost certainly, the best release available. I don't think there are any Blu-Ray releases, yet. Your next best bet is probably Shout! Factory's Timeless Horror - Movies 4 You release. I think it uses the same master as the Midnite Movies release, but I'm not sure the quality is quite as good, especially considering it shares a disc with three other films.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

4. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links guys!

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

There is an American release called DRIVE-IN DISCS VOL. 3 that was issued years ago by Elite that has the film on a double feauture with the British quickie THE HAND. This was part of a series of DVD's Elite did trying to replicate the "Drive-In Experience". You can listen to the film normally or there is an alternate soundtrack that can be played with tinny speaker sound, noise from cars etc. Multiple trailers (including one for BURY ) and Drive-In ads are included. Print quality is decent. I've heard the Midnite Movies version has a sharper image but I opted for this one because it is anamorphic widescreen, unlike the full frame MGM disc.

Harry Warden likes this.
  6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I actually watched the Drive-In version of this film and LOVED IT. I had never heard of this film and thought it was quite entertaining. Low and behold, I found a brand new sealed version of the Midnight Movies version. Some guy was getting rid of his brother's collection of DVDS in Pittsburgh, many that were still sealed, and I got this and The Valley of Gwangi sealed as well. Was thrilled to find it.

Erick H. likes this.
  7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it, it's a fun film with nice atmosphere.